What a day.

Stuck in mud on a field twice. 7 trailer changes. Jammed beet cleaner. Duff on board weigher resulting in a warning at the beet factory for being overloaded.

The joys

You should have come over to Ireland and done a beet campaign with us when it was in full flight.
No such thing as too heavy. We used to put 7 ft sides on to our 45ft flats for the beet. 50 ton was a common load.

Nobody cared and everyone stood together and worked together. Sadly no more. I would love to be doing what you are now. Only get to deliver it to farms for feed now. Doesn’t have the same buzz.
Jealous I am

What is beet

3stepsaheaduk:
What is beet

Sugar beet.

It’s a root crop a little smaller than turnip size that sugar is made from

Cheers lol is that what the artic tippers carry ps( a newbie tryin to learn whats the best job lol )

midlifetrucker:
Stuck in mud on a field twice. 7 trailer changes. Jammed beet cleaner. Duff on board weigher resulting in a warning at the beet factory for being overloaded.

The joys

Lol a real man & a real worker. A rare breed nowadays…

kitbuilder123:

Bigger than turnips ,

Silver_Surfer:

midlifetrucker:

The joys

Lol a real man & a real worker. A rare breed nowadays…

Lol

3stepsaheaduk:
What is beet

Just drive around Bury St Edmunds, it’s all over the roads where they don’t sheet their loads & fill the trailers up 2ft above the sides. Lol.

3stepsaheaduk:
Cheers lol is that what the artic tippers carry ps( a newbie tryin to learn whats the best job lol )

It’s a seasonal … only runs until Jan / Feb. Crop is being lifted now and transported to the processing factories.

martinviking:

3stepsaheaduk:
What is beet

Just drive around Bury St Edmunds, it’s all over the roads where they don’t sheet their loads & fill the trailers up 2ft above the sides. Lol.

British Sugar dont want it sheeted. It would take too long. On a good day from arriving at the barrier to tipping and leaving weighbridge is less than ten minutes. Very slick operation and quite daunting the first few times.

midlifetrucker:

kitbuilder123:

Bigger than turnips ,

I won’t argue with you since I’ve never seen the size of your turnips!
Any interesting ways of tipping there?
A lift for the truck or a wash maybe?

kitbuilder123:

midlifetrucker:

kitbuilder123:

Bigger than turnips ,

I won’t argue with you since I’ve never seen the size of your turnips!
Any interesting ways of tipping there?
A lift for the truck or a wash maybe?

We tip at Wissington nr Kings Lynn. It has three washes and then just the pad

midlifetrucker:

martinviking:

3stepsaheaduk:
What is beet

British Sugar dont want it sheeted. It would take too long. On a good day from arriving at the barrier to tipping and leaving weighbridge is less than ten minutes. Very slick operation and quite daunting the first few times.

On a good day lol :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

2 old photos from Irish factories before they shut them all. Not my photos, taken from the web.
Just posting to show the way we used to tip the flat trailers.

kitbuilder123:

2 old photos from Irish factories before they shut them all. Not my photos, taken from the web.
Just posting to show the way we used to tip the flat trailers.

Don’t think I fancy that. Gulp

midlifetrucker:

The joys

man or mouse :grimacing:

It brings back happy memories for me , I only did it for one season, working for D&J very good bloke to work for.
I had a Scania it was for ever getting stuck mid lift wouldn’t lift, even got stuck on the track trying to get under the cleaner the weight of the trailer was making the unit jack knife, the loader driver just sat there laughing and nobody could load.
There’s nothing like off-roading in a lorry.
Wissingtons certainly changed over the years.
Not sure if cantley is still open but many years ago a lad went to the wrong one, can’t remember where the other one is but boss wasn’t happy