Westfields

Going to see them in the morning, does anyone have any info on them, eg wages, conditions, type of work etc.

Looks like it could be a choice between these and a small local haulier.

Likewise if anyone knows anything about Robert Benny of Leedstown.
same as above
Thanks

saw one of their trucks with a pallet network written on the curtains last week - often see them running up & down the M5 -

usually scanias :cry:

anorak pics

Semtex I have seen Westfeilds running up here they look tidy but thats bout all I can tell you sorry :blush:

cornwallpurebusiness.co.uk/c … nsport.htm

Cornwall now has dual-carriageway access to the whole of the UK, with typical journey times of 3½ hours from Bodmin to Birmingham and 4½ hours from Truro to London. Westfield Transport, Cornwall’s largest road haulier, carries over 100,000 tonnes of Cornish-made goods out of the county each year to destinations across Britain and Europe.

didn’t know the cornish produced that much :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Both fairly straight and above board. They are stable so a reasonable bet.

used to speak to westy,s drivers at the chipboard in elland in yorkshire when they were reloading back for the furniture factory in redruth .they all said it were a decent job and never complained about being mistreated .you should be alright there semtex :slight_smile:

semtex i think you would be better off with westfields than bennys benny has been known not to pay bills. if the guy interviewing you is nigel bawden he is a good bloke and knows his stuff .pay for westfields is or was 6.75 hour but they pay all the time no quibbles about waiting time .nigel works for baileys at the weekend !!! you will be away a lot and may even get turned around with a hours time left

Would that info about benny’s come thru the day job Matt :wink:

I’ve decided to go with Westfields in the end, pay was as Matt said and I am starting as a “Local driver” ie trailer swaps, short runs to say Bristol or Exeter.
No nights out at this stage.

Thanks for all your input guys (+gals)

I know that this is no use to you now Semtex, but Robert may be suffering from his old man’s reputation, I’ve heard that Robert runs things better than his old man did.

used to have westfield artics in a beer place i once worked in couldnt understand the bloke who regualry came in as he had a very deep corwall accent and drove with sandles or maybe clogs on his feet…they all had nice clean motors.

£6.75 per hour :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

semtex left sometime ago. things didnt work out and i think he’s back on the buses.

westfields have not had a good few weeks .last week alone they had one roll over getting on the m5 south at avonmouth . and one lose a set of wheels off a brand new motor on the a30 apparently the dealers and sprayers are blaming each other . all this was enough to bring mr walker back from spain . oh and one of there tm s nigel bawden has left and is working for conway baileys .