Weird Stuff

Just a note to warn you all…

WE are in the process of moving the whole database from HERA to a new server system (No, I dont understand it either :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: )

Howver I am talking with the Truck.Net USA guys as I type, and hopefully there should be no major problems/slowdown, once moved over the whole site should load quicker…

In the mean time I hope you will bear with any minor problems tonight as they do this essential site upgrade

Rikki

No im gonna whinge like a proper driver :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

simon

me too :laughing: thats not on my route boss :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no probs i’ll be watching boring man utd try to win :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you want it when :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So can we get, or will we be able to get a WAP version of Trucknet on this wonderful new database (hint hint) :laughing: :sunglasses: .

So can we get, or will we be able to get a WAP version

NO… :open_mouth:

WAP is very difficult to integrate with PHP, and also is yesterdays BIG new technology, that never really took off.

If a year or so 3G will give this site as it is, available to Mobiles without expensive complicated rewriting

Wap’s [zb] anyway very slow and always locking up and ■■■■ expensive

simon

In the mean time… invest in a laptop and a GPRS data compatable phone :open_mouth:

It will be cheaper than rewriing the whole site :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Improvements…improvements…i love it…the wonders of modern technology…and we are getting it very soon…hope you all get it very soon :laughing:

I can see me spending a fortune whilst I’m sat at RDC’s next year then with the3G 'phone :laughing: . I’ve got both the mobie and the laptop - I’ll have to sort out how to connect them - don’t really like turning up on day jobs with them though :open_mouth: .

kitkat:
me too :laughing: thats not on my route boss :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no probs i’ll be watching boring man utd try to win :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

did you watch them “try” and win kitkat? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … that`ll just be the six goals then :unamused: :wink:

Well after a lot of hard work…
mostly by Rick and Gerry our technical bods… the whole site has been moved to a new larger server, and we hope all the paths etc are now working as they should…

many thanks everyone for bearing with us over the last couple of days and we hope there wasnt too much disruption

And a special thanks to Truck.Net (USA) for this investment to help ensure that TruckNet UK stays the #1 website for Truck Drivers in the UK :open_mouth: :laughing: