Warning - Ransomes industrial estate Ipswich

Do not go to this industrial estate but if you do be very careful as you might be stung for a trespassing fine. They do not care if this is even for 5 minutes. If you are anywhere but in a car park of a business they will fine you for apparently “damages and loss of business” and they will get your details from the dvla which they currently have a court order to be able to do this legally! The fine I got was £180 reduced from £250. THIS IS EXTORTIONATE! I’m surprised any of the businesses are still there if their clients/customers are subject to this when entering the estate. I have even read articles where some clients/customers have said that this is the reason they do business any where else but there. I have spoken to various appropriate legal and parking professionals and they are allowed to charge what ever they like as its private land but the court order giving them the right to get cars reg details for them to send out these lovely trespassing fines is under judicial review as they are not a member of the BPA. I will sending a letter of complaint to foi@dvla.gsi.gov.uk as they are compiling these to hold against ransomes and proserve. See the long ongoing forum about this on moneysavingexpert.com.

It’s been like it for at least the 13 years I’ve been going there

if my boss picks one up he just adds it on to the invoice of the customer we working for, they then take it with there customer