Wannabe wanna know where the work is in the south

Hello i am a wannabe trucker expat living in france, we have decided to come back to England after 10 years in france and i would like to get a class 1 licence eventualy. my questions is, we are either looking to move back to the Bristol (Stroud) area or Paignton Devon with Exeter and Plymouth nearby. here goes : if we move to Paignton will i find enough work, will it seriously limmit my chances of work when compared with potential work in Bristol ?

any drivers that live in this area i would love to here your views on this ?
All Help and advice gratefully recieved Rog

I don’t live at any of those places.But from the posts on here.Seems Bristol would be your best bet for work.

I live in Paignton and there is some firms around here looking for drivers, Newton abbot is also a place with quite a few firms always looking for drivers, I was working in totnes for a fuel company driving fuel tankers, also you have exeter where there is plenty of driving jobs and once the new Newton road is finished you’ll be in exeter within half a hour. So yes there is work around here

Bristol has a fair few jobs going , mostly with agency though .Asda Cuina Tesco Sainsburys P+H Apitito DHL Gist Keedwells the only potential problem is the same everyone has being a newbie experience

Hi and thanks to all for your replys, if there is any one else in the Paignton, Plymouth, Exeter area i would love to hear your views on this, no disrespect to you Stinger, i just like to get three quotes allways if you see what i mean.

All info and help gratefully aprieciated.
Rog1

Also keep checking out jobsites. Indeed seems to be the best one Iv come across.

rog1:
Hi and thanks to all for your replys, if there is any one else in the Paignton, Plymouth, Exeter area i would love to hear your views on this, no disrespect to you Stinger, i just like to get three quotes allways if you see what i mean.

All info and help gratefully aprieciated.
Rog1

Hi companies down the way your looking are as follows,

Westfields - were looking for drivers and run out of Truro
H T Gardeners got yards in Plymouth etc
Kays Transport run out of Plymouth
Gregory’s

There are a few more but these should tide you over for a bit good luck