Vosa, or whatever they are called this week

Heard from a friend, who works at Vosa, that they have been told, no fines, no pay. Also they have been told that foreign trucks are a no no ,as it takes too long to get the money. So target the easy prey…UK trucks.

True or Not…don’t know, but it would not surprise me

I wouldn’t of thought so .is that the same as drivers who are paid on percentage then ?

Funny how stafford and leatherhead are permanently full of the flip flop brigade then,if they dont pay they stay till they do-was u in a rdc when u heard this by any chance…

Well, I drive a Finnish wagon, and got stopped by VOSA a couple of months back. I asked the chap who took my licence, tacho card etc. for checking, if there was any special reason they had stopped me, and he said no, they were just targeting foreign wagons that week. He seemed to be quite pleased to have scored an English speaking driver though :wink:

This might be a good opportunity to put another misconception to rest - when the UK HGV levy first came into use my boss forgot to pay it - and the fine DID make it’s way back to Finland, as have congestion charge fines on the few occasions when this has been forgotten too. So the notion that foreign motors can automatically get away with anything can also be firmly “knocked on the head” :wink:

Vosa have been pulling in just foreign trucks today by the looks of it, i live curently 250m from a Vosa station and it was pretty much non-stop there today, including two Warberers (sp)trucks which have been parked up there all day. Fines make there way back to the eastern european offices, trust me. I know when im back home(Austria) there actively encouraged to target The eastern european guys as there is a lot higher likelihood that they can fine them compared to the locals.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Heard from a friend, who works at Vosa, that they have been told, no fines, no pay.

I very much doubt that all of their traffic examiners have had their existing contracts torn up and told that they are now on a zero basic plus ‘bonus’ according to how many poor lorry drivers they may victimise. It’s laughable that anyone would believe it so, so what your mate is probably misinterpreting is that DVSA is allegedly self-financing, i.e. they expect fines and various charges to cover running costs.

Not that their staff only get paid if they issue fines… :open_mouth:

SWEDISH BLUE:
Heard from a friend, who works at Vosa, that they have been told, no fines, no pay.

Might explain why they were hunting in packs on the Wiltshire / West Berkshire stretch of the M4 earlier!

to many drivers just moan and blame VOSA,VOSAOH VOSA.but how many from you was paid some penalty to Vosa in last 10 years???and what penalty can be 60 quid.funny.i driver have infrigement in tacho-really Vosa can give penalty.but Vosa give just if you have big infrigement and regularry.I never hear who Vosa give penalty for drivers who have 2-3 mistakes for later break (10-20 minut)or or…why need panic.

Vosa have job-they must check truck -Uk reg or Irish or Polish.may be just depend how many staff working at yard.and you don t worry about Polish or any another truck.may be some truck not new but in good condition(sometime some truck have defect),because Europian truck cross Germany ,France.there transport inspection more strong with more high penalty sistem.and load security at foreigh much better for Uk

SWEDISH BLUE:
Heard from a friend

That means this thread is worthless.

SWEDISH BLUE:
Heard from a friend, who works at Vosa, that they have been told, no fines, no pay. Also they have been told that foreign trucks are a no no ,as it takes too long to get the money. So target the easy prey…UK trucks.

Your friend is winding you up. Fact. This info also never came from my mate!

What a load of ■■■■■■■■

SWEDISH BLUE:

What rubbish, foreign vehicle doesn’t pay within an hour or so, cable goes on until such time as they do pay. Longest I’ve seen recently was 5 days with a cable on, they paid in the end.

i got a tug yesterday coming from kilmarnock to dumfries, pulled me in in an old 2000 plate analouge tacho wagon, i jumped out and asked them did they wanna see charts loads etc etc he said no thanks mate ill just check your tyres and off you go, that was it, while are wagons are well maintained the bodys really just are rust, so if this was true surely he would have hung off me like a trucker to blonde 36dd hitchiker, was in there all of 4 mins

Plugster:
i got a tug yesterday coming from kilmarnock to dumfries, pulled me in in an old 2000 plate analouge tacho wagon, i jumped out and asked them did they wanna see charts loads etc etc he said no thanks mate ill just check your tyres and off you go, that was it, while are wagons are well maintained the bodys really just are rust, so if this was true surely he would have hung off me like a trucker to blonde 36dd hitchiker, was in there all of 4 mins

Checking your analouge charts would take him ages. Thats why he never done it. It would also use some brain power from the DVSA operative and require him to think and take notes whilst he worked it out :smiley:

Mike-C:

Plugster:

Checking your analouge charts would take him ages. Thats why he never done it. It would also use some brain power from the DVSA operative and require him to think and take notes whilst he worked it out :smiley:

This is true.

It sounds like it was just a vehicle examiner without having a traffic examiner present who would do the charts mind. Probably a green operator, quick sift and away.

foreign trucks are easy to get money out of, you dont move until paid

burnley-si:

Its Foreign drivers that are easy to get money out of, not foreign trucks. The driver needs a satisfactory UK address as far as i’m aware. Where the truck comes from has no bearing on it.

Mike-C:

burnley-si:

Its Foreign drivers that are easy to get money out of, not foreign trucks. The driver needs a satisfactory UK address as far as i’m aware. Where the truck comes from has no bearing on it.

No UK address and the driver isn’t going anywhere other than in front of a magistrate if they’ve not got cash, a debit or credit card and the wagon is going nowhere.

Conor:

Mike-C:

burnley-si:

No UK address and the driver isn’t going anywhere other than in front of a magistrate if they’ve not got cash, a debit or credit card and the wagon is going nowhere.

totally wrong as usual conor, vosa can impound a vehicle but they have no powers whatsoever to impound any person, the driver can go catch a bus home