Volvo truck electrics

Ever experienced a Volvo locking itself ? Well today it happened to me . Luckily my double man partner carries another set of keys with him, good job he did otherwise you may of been still inside the UKBA scanner !!

It was really weird. Stopped engine , climbed out (I normally always take the keys out,but who is going to nick any thing in a locked X-ray machine )

Shut the door then * CLUNK … The doors locked !

Had this happen twice with different Scanias! Once when I was finished work and ready to go home only to find my own keys were locked inside… :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

Yep…we have got a 08 FE rigid and it lock’s itself quite often,best so far was when it locked the driver out at the gatehouse at Asda Washington,Volvo called out and the tech got in through the sunroof!! :open_mouth:

44 Tonne Ton:
Had this happen twice with different Scanias! Once when I was finished work and ready to go home only to find my own keys were locked inside… :smiling_imp: :grimacing:

I bet you said

I did ! :slight_smile:

I also remember when I drive a FM … For no apparent reason you would be driving along and the main beam would come on as well as the wipers for one sweep !

jimboy124:
I also remember when I drive a FM … For no apparent reason you would be driving along and the main beam would come on as well as the wipers for one sweep !

I had that exact thing happen on an 03 plate FM. It was brand new at the time. :imp:

We have an oldish FH12 and that does it sometimes, seems to be after the batteries have been reconnected. Also had an old Renault Premium do it to me, and that seemed to have something to do with the passenger side door handle being stuck out.

My wipers have come on on there own, i always thought i must of knocked the stalk…Some one did say how to get in to the volvo when youve been locked out… was it Harry■■? That info might be usefull…