Volvo FH's.....

I will be starting my new job tomorrow…and will 99% certainly end up with a FH as my truck…probably somewhere between an 07-09.

Never really had much time in Volvo’s apart from a FL10 about 10 yrs ago…

Just wondering what the FH’s are like…will be spending 3 or 4 nights out a week in it…it’s got a fridge and microwave apparently.

Also, what is the Volvo auto box like…any good?

auto’ box is 1 of the best around, volvos r good globetrotters r big enough for a week away, globby xl even better, good storage space like, side lockers either side, only down side is the dirt off the road travels up the truck, so windows r filthy all the time an mirrors collect the dirt easy, other than tha not a bad truck

dont 4get the camera !!

I have spent a lot of time driving Volvos and for me its the best all rounder you can get, as Mark h said the windows get dirty quickly, also watch out for the way the mirrors restrict your view at roundabouts, junctions etc. Some trucks really make my back hurt but I never had a problem in the FH. Good luck with the job.

oatcake1967:
I have spent a lot of time driving Volvos and for me its the best all rounder you can get, as Mark h said the windows get dirty quickly, also watch out for the way the mirrors restrict your view at roundabouts, junctions etc. Some trucks really make my back hurt but I never had a problem in the FH. Good luck with the job.

spot on about the comfort ive never suffered from back and neck ache in a volvo, i think that award goes to either a daf 85 or the scanny am driving the new man is comfy too

The fh is a nice Truck the gearbox is brill, I have a 440 seems to pull ok even at 44t, no storage really (ours are all all flat roofs)…but I would rather have the Highline scania even with the clutch. The fridge is good tho… :slight_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53415