Volvo FH 60 plate - wipers do not work on speed one!

Hi guys,

Wipers do not work on speed one but on speed two and three are working. I checked relay, fuses, put a new wiper stalk - still did not fix the problem. What do you think is the problem■■?

Sounds like a body control module problem.

Is it the intermittent wipe not working? Normal and fast speed ok?

coiler:
Is it the intermittent wipe not working? Normal and fast speed ok?

Hi, Yes, Intermittent wipe is not working and normal and fast speed is ok.

Have you tried changing the intermittent wipet relay rather than testing it? Volvo relays can be very problematical at times

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

coiler:
Have you tried changing the intermittent wipet relay rather than testing it? Volvo relays can be very problematical at times

Do you know the location of it?

With all the other relays and fuses under the Centre dash section. A list of the relays should be on the underside of the lid. Swap another relay for the wiper relay if you don’t have a spare. Any relay that looks the same should fit.

Sorry, didn’t realise it was intermittent wipers. If it’s been like it since you’ve had the truck someone will have swapped the relay to a more vital commonly used function that’s worn its relay out. Intermittent relay is definitely a known quick fix, on Volvos but can’t at the moment remember what for.

Own Account Driver:
Sorry, didn’t realise it was intermittent wipers. If it’s been like it since you’ve had the truck someone will have swapped the relay to a more vital commonly used function that’s worn its relay out. Intermittent relay is definitely a known quick fix, on Volvos but can’t at the moment remember what for.

Intermittent wipers were working before but stopped like a week ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So, did it work?

coiler:
So, did it work?

No. I took all relays from volvo where wipers are working and put them into volvo where intermittent wipers don’t work. The same problem - intermittent wipers don’t work.
Can it be wipers motor?

I don’t think so I’ve got a bad feeling they’re controlled by quite an expensive ecu/control module.

Have you checked the plug/wiring on the stalk though?

Have you actually changed the stalk for a known good one?

Own Account Driver:

PROBLEM SORTED!!! IT WAS A BAD RELAY - actually two bad relays . Only found out when I Swaped all relays from one unit to another one. Thanks all for your help,

Glad to hear it’s sorted.

Worth carrying some spares.

It’s an i-shift relay I think that goes often because it’s used so much and it’s a quick fix to swap the intermittent wiper relay in as it’s the same and non-critical.