Volvo fh 13

Hi all
I am after some advice as to what might be going wrong . A couple of times over the last few months when I have put the handbrake on the released it the brakes have been sticking on and no releasing and you have to stop then keep trying the handbrake . Any ideas what might be wrong or anybody have the same problem

One time I used to drive an FH 2 460 unit that did that, felt like the trailer brakes were sticking on briefly, like you used to get when we had blue lines ?
Also used to get a symbol come up on the dash now and then. This was some time ago so memory has faded
I suspected the handbrake lever itself, but am no expert

Thanks for the reply

When they come on its very hard to pull away and they stay on till you put the handbrake back on and then they might not come off its hit and miss . I had to not use the handbrake and use the trailer button or if on a hill use hill aid button

Does yours have a pressurised yellow ?

Not sure A 60 plate

is the tractor or trailer or both sticking on, next time they stick on get someone to drop the service line off the trailer to see if they release.

It’s allways when I’m in slow moving traffic it does it so hard to make out if it’s the trailer or unit but it could be weeks/months before it does it again

Lets start with the simple stuff
Have you got any kinks in your airlines at all ?

I’m on Palm coupleings and all the air lines have no kinks in there like new . My gararge says it could be would be expensive changing either the hand brake valve or the one in the one that controls the braking . Maybe ;£800 and he is still not shure it will cure the problem. He said let it develop then he will know which valve it will be but that time but has not done it this week as yet lol it happened last Friday and previous three weeks before and the middle of last year

sounds like 4 way valve sticking to me

This is a easy one … Change your palm couplings if you have them on your unit… or better still get yourself a set of palm coupling " not self sealing ones !!! ! converters you will need 4 in total. one set for your red and one set for your yel lines
connect each set to your couplings and then to the trailer,
this is if you are running with self sealing palm couplings,this is the reason you think its the unit its the trailer and if you notice it will prob only do it when slowly moving in traffic braking on and off etc, the palms arnt making a good contact allowing enough air in the system,
even try blowing the red line down the yellow line !!! if the brakes start to drag etc

Thanks for the advice lads I did change the Palm couplings last year . I have got the converters just incase in needed them . I looks like it could be the fourway valve sticking i was also thinking about it it was raining each time it does start