Van den bosch transport

Not going back into that arguement :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: its one that you and me will never agree on :wink:

bigsidney:

bigsidney:

How are they not■■?
By the way you need to check when they go to bed to play their lullaby on the computer and send them instructions where to put their Teddybear

Alas Frans here was I sitting with the impression that you were an intelligent and educated man!!!
Yet you have made a comment on here which demeans all the users on this site with said comment by insinuating that we all need our hands held and shown exactly what to do, 99% of the guys and girls on this site manage to do the job daily with no one in the cab to tell us what gear, lane, speed,clothes to wear where to go et al.
Neither wonder so many have left as in my personal dealing with yourself and VdB it seems you and your employers have the opinion that we all need a nursemaid and constant instruction on where to go and what to do and we would never be able to do the job if it wasn’t for they planners then VdB would be in a rite old state losing money and going down quick. Hail Hail the planners the saviours of VdB I forgot my place cos these guys and girls are all seeing all knowing gods of which the infernal nuisance that is the driver should all be grateful for.
How did we ever manage before we had planners■■?

Maybe the Dutch sense of Humor is slightly lighter than the Scottish, we are probaly less touchy, because we believe in ourselves and never feel inadequate :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

caledoniandream:

bigsidney:

bigsidney:

How are they not■■?
By the way you need to check when they go to bed to play their lullaby on the computer and send them instructions where to put their Teddybear

Alas Frans here was I sitting with the impression that you were an intelligent and educated man!!!
Yet you have made a comment on here which demeans all the users on this site with said comment by insinuating that we all need our hands held and shown exactly what to do, 99% of the guys and girls on this site manage to do the job daily with no one in the cab to tell us what gear, lane, speed,clothes to wear where to go et al.
Neither wonder so many have left as in my personal dealing with yourself and VdB it seems you and your employers have the opinion that we all need a nursemaid and constant instruction on where to go and what to do and we would never be able to do the job if it wasn’t for they planners then VdB would be in a rite old state losing money and going down quick. Hail Hail the planners the saviours of VdB I forgot my place cos these guys and girls are all seeing all knowing gods of which the infernal nuisance that is the driver should all be grateful for.
How did we ever manage before we had planners■■?

Maybe the Dutch sense of Humor is slightly lighter than the Scottish, we are probaly less touchy, because we believe in ourselves and never feel inadequate :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

And you call yourself Caledoniandream because…? :stuck_out_tongue:

And you call yourself Caledoniandream because…?

God’s gift to Scottish females :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Because I live in Scotland, be married to a Scottish lass, pay tax in Scotland, doesn’t make me Scottish.
You can take the man out of Holland, but you can not knock his Dutch attitude out of him :grimacing: :grimacing:
The name comes from my truck, when I started working in Scotland, I had a top of the range truck with all singing and dancing. This was the time that the most trucks where still running without Airco, Night heaters, leather seats etc, Tuned Scannies where very rare, and one of the guys who loaded me in Peterhead use to call it “Caledoniandream” so the name got signwritten on to the truck and has moved with me forever since. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Rob K:
It’s aircon, not climate control. :bulb: Running aircon on cold setting for even 5 mins would bring the temperature down considerably in a cab if all the windows and roof were closed. Granted, it wouldn’t take that long for the original temp to return once you’ve shut it off but it would at least give you a brief respite from the heat.:

pmsl so you would spend all day starting the truck letting it run 5 min then turn it off :question: its been an interesting read special k but give it a break now ur full of ■■■ :grimacing:

oh and trucks use more fuel when started from cold so all day long starting from cold and using battery power seem’s more sensible then just leaving it off?? :unamused:

I find the latest snipes a bit misleading, anyone who sleeps in a Volvo cab with the air conditioning on for 24 will freeze, if not your aircon is knackered.

In 30c+ temperatures in Italy, the engine is hardly going to become cold and difficult to start is it?

In the early years we didn’t have air conditioning, in the years when it became common fitment I cannot remember running it for more than a few minutes at a time, it freezes the windscreen in those +30c temperatures. It certainly freezes bottles of Evian water.

Wheel Nut:
I find the latest snipes a bit misleading, anyone who sleeps in a Volvo cab with the air conditioning on for 24 will freeze, if not your aircon is knackered.

In 30c+ temperatures in Italy, the engine is hardly going to become cold and difficult to start is it?

In the early years we didn’t have air conditioning, in the years when it became common fitment I cannot remember running it for more than a few minutes at a time, it freezes the windscreen in those +30c temperatures. It certainly freezes bottles of Evian water.

:question: :open_mouth:

That would need to be some air con plant if it’s putting out temperatures of freezing or below freezing at the vents and even the ones which are’nt thermostatically controlled climate systems have the temperature control which is just set to where needed to bring the inside temperature to a comfortable level which does’nt always mean set to max cold setting.Cold or medium is usually enough.But if running it constantly with the engine idling wrecks the plant and/or freezes the driver (whichever comes first :open_mouth: :laughing: ) then the Americans must be using warm air con or have to either replace lots of knackered air con plants or frozen drivers. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

caledoniandream:

And you call yourself Caledoniandream because…?

God’s gift to Scottish females :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Because I live in Scotland, be married to a Scottish lass, pay tax in Scotland, doesn’t make me Scottish.
You can take the man out of Holland, but you can not knock his Dutch attitude out of him :grimacing: :grimacing:
The name comes from my truck, when I started working in Scotland, I had a top of the range truck with all singing and dancing. This was the time that the most trucks where still running without Airco, Night heaters, leather seats etc, Tuned Scannies where very rare, and one of the guys who loaded me in Peterhead use to call it “Caledoniandream” so the name got signwritten on to the truck and has moved with me forever since. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Yes thats the one i remmember i drove it for 3 weeks last year.!!! :smiley: :open_mouth: That might explain the dent in the drivers seat :smiley: :smiley:

[Yes thats the one i remmember i drove it for 3 weeks last year.!!! That might explain the dent in the drivers seat
[/quote]
Nothing to do with me parked my last truck up with less than a ton up and just 7month old in 2004.
Was than still skinny and good looking,… :grimacing: the skinny is gone :smiley: :smiley:

caledoniandream:
[Yes thats the one i remmember i drove it for 3 weeks last year.!!! That might explain the dent in the drivers seat

Nothing to do with me parked my last truck up with less than a ton up and just 7month old in 2004.
Was than still skinny and good looking,… :grimacing: the skinny is gone :smiley: :smiley:
[/quote]
Yes i’m sure it said cali dream above the door! :confused: Can you remember the no.?
I found this photo me tipping in a Pig farm. :smiley: Ieft the windows open when i blew it off, the cab was full of fly’s.

Did you do the sugar waste into Albers in Landhorst? Lovely people but a pig to find :stuck_out_tongue: So close to ERP but down a lane that you wouldn’t drive sheep normally

Got to admit Van den bosch have a decent looking fleet. They certainly look the part :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Wheel Nut:

Did you do the sugar waste into Albers in Landhorst? Lovely people but a pig to find :stuck_out_tongue: So close to ERP but down a lane that you wouldn’t drive sheep normally

I never done it,but i might do it this summer. Looking forward to more of this, parking at the beach for the weekend. It makes a difference when your planners tell you the good parking spots. He is a ex driver.