Van den bosch transport

IESU GRIST WB!!!

It frustrates me as a fellow Welshist!!!

I live in Holyhead, jobs here are not plentiful, hence i got off my arse and went to that there big England to work for a proper company. My truck is based just over the border in Deeside, 76 miles door to door, i.e 150 miles diesel a week, approx £25.

Would i trek to blooody Dutch, or Deutch land for less money■■? like funk i would!!!

marior22:
the uk minimum wage is £5.90, VDB are paying £8.35, the germans getting about the same and yes I am german

Remember waiting time is 75% of that which is £6 something

There are many german hauliers which give you a salary and still ask you to do plenty hours,for a driver its always a no win situation,some of them dont pay you at all.They call this a “trial period”.They let you run for 2-3 months,because the job centre pay them do get you off the dole.
£600 is sounds ok,but I guess this is not a present.The questions is for how many hours

Gaz:
IESU GRIST WB!!!

It frustrates me as a fellow Welshist!!!

I live in Holyhead, jobs here are not plentiful, hence i got off my arse and went to that there big England to work for a proper company. My truck is based just over the border in Deeside, 76 miles door to door, i.e 150 miles diesel a week, approx £25.

Would i trek to blooody Dutch, or Deutch land for less money■■? like funk i would!!!

I agrree with you fella, i’m just pointing out the bleeding obvious, if they stop 2 hours beak take 2 hours off. but i don’t think its uncommon for some places to stop your breaks especially now they are all trying to cut costs

you need to get a car not a tractor as well 150 miles in a diesel should be at max 4 gallons or 18 litres unless diesel is that expensive now is it :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Gaz:

marior22:
the uk minimum wage is £5.90, VDB are paying £8.35, the germans getting about the same and yes I am german

But from what i read VDB pay £8.35 but deduct 2 hours per 15 for breaks, and DO NOT pay the 3rd or 4th week when you are at home.

Seriously i aint even gonna waste my beer drinking time to work out how cr4p that actually is!

The last 2 weeks my TAKE HOME pay has been over £600, i aint usually one to mention figures but this thread has seriously pi5sed me off!

they only pay 3/4 of the rate your stating when not driving which is prob 50% of the working day, ie £6.00 per hour less 2 hrs per day its less than minimum wage

gogzy:

marior22:
how come,its always the germans which get mentioned?
and is it right, you asked to work for them? why?,if our national hauliers are this good :unamused:

because the germans are absolute {zb}s with us brits. somethign to do with the war ach i dunno i wasnt around then.
one guy i know got told to

speak german or {zb} off out of the factory

didnt have to tell him twice while somebody chased after the truck.

i have no problems in france, no problems in holland, no problems in belgium, no problems in denmark and no problems in sweden, yet german always a problem.

nuess is a pain in the arse if you dont get the vdb guys as gunter is always up in that frigging office smoking a {zb} cigar, i may be a smoker but i hate cigar smoke.

never had a problem in germany before, found it one of the better countries overall. :confused: seems to be a bit of an attitude problem there by someone :unamused:

marior22:
There are many german hauliers which give you a salary and still ask you to do plenty hours,for a driver its always a no win situation,some of them dont pay you at all.They call this a “trial period”.They let you run for 2-3 months,because the job centre pay them do get you off the dole.
£600 is sounds ok,but I guess this is not a present.The questions is for how many hours

why do people always ask how many hours? if you work on the continent some days you don’t even do 11 hours some you do 15 it doesn’t make a difference how many hours you work the money pays the mortgage not who works the least for the most pay

WB i’m rocking a corsa combi 1.7D van as my work and back vehicle, maybe £20 would be closer!!!

As for the VDB scenario, the more i hear the more i giggle!!! :grimacing:

glenman:
never had a problem in germany before, found it one of the better countries overall. :confused: seems to be a bit of an attitude problem there by someone :unamused:

i tip in germany usually twice a month and never have a language problem even though i don’t speak it, everybody speaks camion language though for loading and unloading.
nobody ever mentione the war as we are all grown up and not immature idiots who think we should remember all the bad times, i mean how many man city fans hate tevez cos his relative might have fought on the falklands :unamused: :unamused:

is there any other way to compare wages?
they tell you at the interview about POA,lets ask one of the vdb drivers how much poa they getting in

Of course there is another way to work out wages!

What you do is divide what you earn in a year by 52 weeks!!! SIMPLE

I cannot believe that when people get paid or rent houses in the UK they are daft enough to not understand that there are 4.3 weks per month etc

I think if ur dumb enough to get conned u deserve it!!!

Surely it’s simple. Never mind how exactly your wages are put together - our pay scheme, for example, being hideously complicated, as it’s mileage plus demurrage plus various odds and sods on the side - at the end of each pay period you’re either happy with what you’re earning for the work you’ve done, or not. If you’re happy, great. If you’re not, leave. Easy.

Lucy:
Surely it’s simple. Never mind how exactly your wages are put together - our pay scheme, for example, being hideously complicated, as it’s mileage plus demurrage plus various odds and sods on the side - at the end of each pay period you’re either happy with what you’re earning for the work you’ve done, or not. If you’re happy, great. If you’re not, leave. Easy.

bish bash bosh!!! :wink:

marior22:
is there any other way to compare wages?
they tell you at the interview about POA,lets ask one of the vdb drivers how much poa they getting in

ask yourself this,
driver 1 gets 12 quid an hour but does 8 hours a day back in the depot no nights out
driver 2 gets 8 quid an hour but after 8 hours time and a half plus nights out plus other bonus incentives
its not always how much an hour its about the big picture of how much you can earn legally, after all if you’re in truck all week max the hours and get the money in

So the question is, has Frans cancelled Gogzy’s plane next week? :open_mouth:

thats the reason I applied for a job (the bigger picture)

marior22:
thats the reason I applied for a job (the bigger picture)

good man :exclamation:

Rob K:
So the question is, has Frans cancelled Gogzy’s plane next week? :open_mouth:

gone quiet since that was mentioned earlier ! questions that need answered are has his notice been handed in? has he talked himself into unemployment? has he learnt anything ? is it too late to take the fridge back to argos ?

glenman:

gogzy:

marior22:
how come,its always the germans which get mentioned?
and is it right, you asked to work for them? why?,if our national hauliers are this good :unamused:

because the germans are absolute {zb}s with us brits. somethign to do with the war ach i dunno i wasnt around then.
one guy i know got told to

speak german or {zb} off out of the factory

didnt have to tell him twice while somebody chased after the truck.

i have no problems in france, no problems in holland, no problems in belgium, no problems in denmark and no problems in sweden, yet german always a problem.

nuess is a pain in the arse if you dont get the vdb guys as gunter is always up in that frigging office smoking a {zb} cigar, i may be a smoker but i hate cigar smoke.

im not the only one whos had a problem at this particular place, we avoid talking to the germans at all costs as we have our own guys their who understand us and we understand them, but when a fat midget german is shouting at your in german when he knows you dont speak a word of it while he has a flipping huge cigar pretty much in your face would you like going their?

i may smoke but i cant stand cigar smoke.
i never even have this problem in france because we use hand signals to get done what we need to.
i understand a bit of german aswell.

glenman i havnt handed my notice ineither,

I think there is a communications problem,the german language sounds a bit rough sometimes, but I think it is a bit childish
to avoid to talk to them, get out fast from this place,more money you make