Van den bosch transport

davepenn54:
Hurrah :laughing: :laughing: Merc0447 has taken the ‘soap opera’ onto page 30. if anybody remembers the short lived ‘Truckers’ drama from 1987 :question: :question: this thread has beat it hands down :laughing: :laughing:

This thread has also shown C5 how they should make a reallity docu-soap :laughing: Eat your heart out ESL :laughing:
I’ve been logging on everyday this week to keep up with the ‘drama’ love it :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Can somebody introduce the cast in this on going soap, Constipation street will be outmarked;
Cast
Moanique playd by … ■■
Simoane played by …■■
Ben Ullshitter…■■?
William Anker …■■

Etc Etc

Who need Beast Enders :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Ok so things seem to have gone slightly off here, MY initial post was to inform potential employees with VdB of the pitfalls and the things of which I stupidly was not aware of, which is my own personal fault for not reading my contract properly, but also on the part of Frans Van Hoof who it has been stated at MY interview, I am not privvy to what information was given at anyone elses. I was told I could earn good money by doing a bit extra for THE COMPANY, I am not averse to hard work and I could use hundreds of previous instances of where my work has been greatly appreciated for doing that little bit more to get the job done and been rewarded financially. I am not stupid, but I do stupid things without thinking, I never thought that through hard work and doing the job correctly could be construed as breaking the law, bending the law slightly as required and doing things the DUTCH way was what I regarded as being loyal and A GOOD EMPLOYEED, I was offered a full time contract with VdB but I chose not to go ahead and continue with my notice period. I performed MY job to the best of my abilities, I made a few mistakes, I was accused of drinking a can of beer, which was actually ENERGY DRINK through the village the evening that Holland Played Spain in the WC final.
It seems there are some posters on here Intent on putting down people who have reacted and commented on my post as to the realities of working for VdB, So what if you have been there, done it, ate the pie, I have too!!! Lucy you have only commented on 1 person namely Gogzy so you have 10 years experience or so on him, I have 12 years experience on you does that mean I can put you down and criticize you? Wheel Nut we all know you worked for VdB and you fitted in and made it work for you, good for you mate, Im more than happy for you, Vas Im sorry you got 6 years on me so I should accept Im not worthy and could not lace your boots :frowning: The bear who has done more miles in reverse, but has never been back on■■?
You guys and Girls who dont know the situation of the guys who have left but assume it is because they/we/I could not hack it and adjust!!
Im sorry but I personally could, have, and will do again, the simple fact of the matter is, I went, I did the job, I did it well, I was offered a full time contract but I choose not to work for FREE note the word CHOOSE.
It all comes down to MONEY and the hours I worked it wasn’t just 2 hrs a day as in my original post it was far more than 2hrs some days that they were robbing from us and the drivers who are still over there or are thinking of going over that they are aware of the way that the pay structure works and with the info that I have given hopefully they will not experience the same blatant theiving that I and a few colleagues who have posted since.
Good luck to the guys who go over and give it a try

caledoniandream:

davepenn54:
Hurrah :laughing: :laughing: Merc0447 has taken the ‘soap opera’ onto page 30. if anybody remembers the short lived ‘Truckers’ drama from 1987 :question: :question: this thread has beat it hands down :laughing: :laughing:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Can somebody introduce the cast in this on going soap, Constipation street will be outmarked;
Cast
Moanique playd by …WheelNut… ■■
Simoane played by …Okley Didley Dokley…■■
Ben Ullshitter:… Frans Van Hoof aka Caledonian Dream
William Anker …Thijs Groenmann…■■

Etc Etc

Who need Beast Enders :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Big Sidney (Stephen Rodden) you make me smile :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

In 7 month I didn’t hear any complain or any sign off life of you, and after you come here to complain.
Other people contacted me, sorted things out, but the only time that I heard about you if there was a complain.
But never any sign of life of yourself.

For me you are one of these people who eat their plate empty, and moan than that the food was rotten and don’t want to pay for it.

Sorry no respect, and even less interest in it.

Just out of interest, how does one pronounce “Thijs”? Is it theejis or thees or ?

Rob K:
Just out of interest, how does one pronounce “Thijs”? Is it theejis or thees or ?

Tice like Dice with a T :bulb:

caledoniandream:

Rob K:

Tice like Dice with a T :bulb:

OK thanks. Not what I expected.

I really should check this thread more often, takes ages catching up otherwise!

i talked to a english vdb driver the other week over the water. he showed me what tread was left on the drive tyres. he had reported it to the planner who told him he could come back to base to have them replaced BUT he can pay for the diesel. he did say that most of the problems come from planners and was sure the high ups didint know what was going on…my adive was to puncture the tyres and get them replaced roadside.
im not having a go at anyone here, just merely stating what i saw and what was told to me by the driver…make of it what you will chaps :wink:

So he didnt check them before he left Erp ?

wow long post, but great novel :smiley:

if VDB ever get reefers let me know, dont do tankers as not for me, dutch may work hard and do things differently but you also play hard, i had good time when i lived and worked there for a few truck companies, but you either like it or you dont.

No the profile rained off that day. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
There are depots in Belgium, Germany, Holland.

But did he check before he left where ever he came from?
and there is no need to have that discussion with the planner, every driver knows how to get in contact with the workshop.

But the discussion is different if he drove away with a tyre on the limit without checking and report it away from home.

Also as it happen, if it was in Holland, there is no minimal profile depth for truck tyres, this is due to change on the 1st of Januari 2011, than will be the minimum 1.6mm over 75% of the tyre width.

TRY READING THIS it has surprised even me as I did not a know
that AUSTRIA and Hungary for example were that depth

TYRE TREAD

USEFUL to know this if you wish to be sure about being legal,

xxicelandicxx:
wow long post, but great novel :smiley:

if VDB ever get reefers let me know, dont do tankers as not for me, dutch may work hard and do things differently but you also play hard, i had good time when i lived and worked there for a few truck companies, but you either like it or you dont.

Use to have reefers, use to do Flowers, frozen chips etc mostly to Italy.
However if you ever sail to Igoumenitsa (either from Bari or Ancona) and drive to Thessaloniki, there is a big chance you will come accros a F12 Globbetrotter wagon and drag in the VdB colours. That combination got sold of with less than 400.000 clicks. And the Greek guy, while he agreed to spray it in a different colour, never got round to do it.
When I went there the first time and you coma around a corner and that truck is coming accros you really don’t know what happened, more like a time warp. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

wirralpete:
i talked to a english vdb driver the other week over the water. he showed me what tread was left on the drive tyres. he had reported it to the planner who told him he could come back to base to have them replaced BUT he can pay for the diesel.

Incredible.

Caledoniandream, is this so?

Harry Monk:

wirralpete:
i talked to a english vdb driver the other week over the water. he showed me what tread was left on the drive tyres. he had reported it to the planner who told him he could come back to base to have them replaced BUT he can pay for the diesel.

Incredible.

Caledoniandream, is this so?

Harry, I can not speak for any planner, because I don’t know what is been said, but I will check Board computer communication to see if it happend.
I would like to think if the driver left the yard without checking his tyres, that the conversation with the planner was less than pleasant.

I any case as the tyre was illigal the driver should have send a message to the workshop who would have send the tyrefitter out (depending on the country who that would be)
If I would pick a trailer up with slicks in one of the countries, and the tread deopth would be insufficient, I wouldn’t even entertain them to drive back to any yard, they could sort it out with the driver who dropped it there.
Because what drivers sometimes try to make me believe, I can asure you tyre tread doesn’t rain of if the trailer is parked, not after a day, not after a month.

By the way Harry, if you ever are in the Midlands, give me a buzz and I let you walk around our trailer park and you can see things for yourself.
I don’t make this offer to any one else (we are not a museum) but I’am under the impression that you are open minded and have common sense so yes feel free.
I operate 85 trailers in the UK, 15 trucks and 35 drivers
We are not a shiny wheel/diesel tank company but sensible maintenance to keep it legal is our moto.
Some of the VdB tankers are 20 year old but are still in a good state of maintenance.
And I agree with everybody, when every driver had their own trailer they looked better, but in this time it’s not possible to work like that anymore.

wirralpete:
i talked to a english vdb driver the other week over the water. he showed me what tread was left on the drive tyres. he had reported it to the planner who told him he could come back to base to have them replaced BUT he can pay for the diesel. he did say that most of the problems come from planners and was sure the high ups didint know what was going on…my adive was to puncture the tyres and get them replaced roadside.
im not having a go at anyone here, just merely stating what i saw and what was told to me by the driver…make of it what you will chaps :wink:

Although I get slated from a few posters about this thread I would stand naked on Bolton Town Hall Steps to quote a former colleague if this happened. The workshops are open and you have access to the fleet controllers and engineers. Whatever you ask for you are given, if you have to collect a trailer from a customer and it has any damage or unserviceable parts, it will be fixed.

When I worked in Erp and Tielt, the words “let it develop” didn’t exist.

As mentioned if you do not check your tyres then a planner may not care, but in this instance the bord computer will show its true worth.

Tielt is a dive

wirralpete:

:open_mouth: What a cowboy outfit !!! Someone should shut them down !!!