Van den bosch transport

dazask:
Hi all anyone got any contact details for van den bosch?cheers. :grimacing:

ring frans in birmingham mate, good luck.

Frans Van Hoof
Transport Manager UK
Van den Bosch Transport Ltd.
T 0044 (0)121 459 5296
F 0044 (0)121 459 4802
E Frans-vanhoof@vandenbosch.com
I vandenbosch.com

it would be easier to take your car then when your weekended at the yard you and a couple of others can out and about.

andy_c1982:

sneakyscotsman:
Are any of you guys applying from the Edinburgh area as i am still waiting to hear back from them…really want this one but have been out of the business
for about 3 years now…heres hoping

i have as i stay in ayrshire when I applied I got an e-mail back saying they would be in contact soon and to allow a few weeks to get interviews arranged.

cheers Andy
I was begining to get a bit worried when i read about all these interviews
although Frans did say he would be in touch

just applied,lets see what happens.

manowar:

stgeorge61:
Hi to all! I’m new on this site, in fact i’ve never been on a forum of any kind!!
Had an interview and driving assessment earlier today which went well! (hooray!!!) Consequently i start on the 12th july in Erp.
Would be grateful for any advice on what to take(tramping gear etc…) how much i would need to get by on and so on, in fact any advice in relation to VDB! (no need for marriage counselling any more lol) Cheers!

Well done mate, I’m going out there the week after, see you around.

Cheers mate, what kind of things are you taking out with you? Its been a while since i’ve driven trucks, I only did my class 1 and ADR last year. So if you can pass on any advice/ tips, I would appreciate it!! I had Mike the Dike for my assessment, he was telling me about someone who was stuck in traffic, I take it that was you!! lol. Congrats to yourself and hope to bump into you out there (preferably whilst not driving lol)

Well that’s me starting for VDB on 6th September after I get back from my hols :sunglasses:

garnerlives:
Well that’s me starting for VDB on 6th September after I get back from my hols :sunglasses:

phone answer biatch

make a sentence with them

grahamzx6r:
well done to the guys that have been offered the job, you will enjoy it, i think maybe its about time i started a new thread van den bosch part 2, i didn’t think it would get this big after only asking a simple question, basically if you are travelling rynair, just take what you need cos they will only allow 15 kg in ya suitcase i think, whereas jet2 who i fly with allow 22kg, i fly out again on sunday so i will see some of you the week after

Can you not also take up to 10kg as hand luggage :question: :confused:

garnerlives:

congratulations fella, look out europe :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

got an interview in august for a september start, so who knows could be joining garner lol.

9 pages already running on this thread, it will be like a rerun of the tales about Curries of Dumfries of old, with lifeless Jocks scattered all over Europe on a weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

Excellent. Looks like VDB are going to be owned by TNUK soon! :laughing:

manowar:

dinosteveus1:
Was you the only one to have a drive. When do you find out if you got the job.

I didn’t see any other interviewees there so I can’t say for sure if I was the only one to have a drive. I was invited to go out to Holland after I got the thumbs up from the driving assesment.

grahamzx6r:
sorry to upset you mate but not all the trucks are volvo’s, we have a couple of MAN’S, a quarter of the fleet are manual gearboxes, and british drivers will at some point be given a rhd volvo fm.

I didn’t realise that, Frans gave me wrong information. Not that it matters too much.

tommy t:
Seems a bit silly them using a rhd vehicle for a driving assessment, when you will be required to drive a lhd, especially if you have never driven a left ■■■■■■ before, But i suppose if you managed to drive one around for a week or so without hitting anything or falling off the road and into a ditch ect then you would get your head around it, it’s just getting used to being on the opposite side of the cab, it would be easier driving one over there than here in blighty ,i would imagine
I gave this some thought, but 1 thing i won’t do is fly, plus you can’t take your full kit on a plane, why they don’t give you the option of getting the ferry from hull and using your own motor i dunno. it’s only Holland after all

I think the objective was to see whether I could actually drive at all, as they’re taking on lots of young and inexperienced drivers and if they have problems with reversing or driving on the left in a RHD, then there’s not much point in sending them to drive a LHD on the wrong side of the road :slight_smile: I guess the driving sorties in the first week in Holland will sort the wheat from the chaff. I agree with you about flying over, flying’s such a hassle now especially with ryanair and the like, I’d prefer to drive over there every few weeks but I’ll have to see what my options are after I’ve settled in. I’m debating how I’m going to get my stuff over there - I know I won’t need it in the first week but by the sounds of it, if I make it through the first couple of weeks I’ll be working straight away with no trip back home to get the rest of my gear. These are all thing I’m confirm with VDB when the time draws nearer.

I had interveiw on thurday no driving test just interveiw and at the end of it he took me on and said he will email me a 6 month contract to sign it and he would arange air line tickets and email them to me too does he normerly take you on at the interveiw ? i dont no weather my 18 years exp inpressed him. So how many on here got taken on on thursday?. They recon they interveiw about 60 drivers over to days my interveiw was at 1615 but did nt get out till 1750

Big ■■■■:
So how many on here got taken on on thursday?. They recon they interveiw about 60 drivers over to days my interveiw was at 1615 but did nt get out till 1750

Me

If you were around at that sort of time you may well have seen me?? Were you the guy whose passport runs out in July??

garnerlives:

Big ■■■■:
So how many on here got taken on on thursday?. They recon they interveiw about 60 drivers over to days my interveiw was at 1615 but did nt get out till 1750

Me

If you were around at that sort of time you may well have seen me?? Were you the guy whose passport runs out in July??

was i there before you but you went in before me there was a guy i was talking to that came from northants subbed for fly by nite wot time was your interveiw i got there at 1530

gogzy:
got an interview in august for a september start, so who knows could be joining garner lol.

the posty cf not doing it for you anymore :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mine was at 14:45 got in there about 15:15 then went on assessment at about 16:35 then went back in to finalise bits and bobs with them around about 18:00ish

garnerlives:
Mine was at 14:45 got in there about 15:15 then went on assessment at about 16:35 then went back in to finalise bits and bobs with them around about 18:00ish

On my way home from the interveiw i over took a VDB RHD volvo fm pilling a tank trailer going south on the m40 near j15

when are they going to start looking for drivers from surrey :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Big ■■■■:

garnerlives:

On my way home from the interveiw i over took a VDB RHD volvo fm pilling a tank trailer going south on the m40 near j15

Could well have been me! We were out for a good 45minutes or so I’d say