Valencia on the cheap

First i should say this run was in my van, so times,roads and tolls may not suit a truck. Loaded 1 small pallet around 100kg for Fords, friday 23/05/08. Left home on the saturday late afternoon for monday am drop.
A16 toll starts Boulogne exit Abbeville. Toll free A28/N28 to Rouen, couple of euros after Rouen then upgraded toll free to Evreux/Dreux/Chartres and on to Orleans for a few hours sleep before the sun came up.
Then on A20 and N20 whenever the toll started. Before Toulouse i headed for Auch and onto D929 for the Pyrenees which took me to a Toll free tunnel [Bielsa].

Late sunday through Lleida picking up the C12, a good road bypassing most of the towns to the coast near Tortosa and N340 to Valencia arriving 04 00 monday. I was sent from the factory to another estate round the back and to 3 different warehouses before unloading back in the main plant 2 hours later. Somethings never change.
I sat in Valencia a couple of days, nothing for me, so i set off homewards the same route.

Thursday heading up the C12

Back into France, the police/customs buildings were falling down on both sides of the tunnel. I pulled up near Limoges.
Friday morning i got a load back from Nantes and then another load from
St Malo[ thats 1 case on a pallet and a larger case].

Nantes and St Malo and the airport

My load with 2 drops and my last but 1 of many GB stickers almost faded

The route and time it took can be hard work, helps if your pig headed.
A few months ago i was out for 2 weeks on a demo tour 1st week in Germany, 2nd week in France with all my tolls paid.
Even then i used the rn route from Grenoble to Nice. Tolls were £180.00.
On this trip [net of vat] i spent £16.06

A nice read and great pictures
thanks alot for posting, any more
that you can post.

Entertaining little route but can be a bit risky at this time of year as the weather changes very fast up there and it snows in very quickly

brit pete hi and thanks. Yes i have a few more photos on that trip, right now i,m slicing garlic with a razor and onion for spagetti before my daughter comes home from work and i loose access to the computer untill the early hours.
I did mean to post the route last year as i,ve seen a few people ask about routes to Spain, but i always put off today what i can do later untill i saw a posting by the maoster for Lleida. Thats when my computer skills came into play :unamused: . My image cave was full so i opened a new album which did,nt work so i started with photo bucket. And then the resize, well you,ll see it took me all night and i gave up. So yes i,ll put a few more on of the same trip.
Vascoingles i can belive that route is closed early look at the snow/ice in may.
But for me it was a very good route slow but toll free. On the Sunday i had the road to myself, on Thursday a few cars 1 bus and 4 artics going towards Spain. 1 truck i saw before the bends and put my Cenis training to work and pulled up as i was going down and he was able to take the bends without stopping.

The pics of the pickled gonads and vino . . . was that youre outward load ?
:laughing:

Just for the house :laughing: mia casa tu casa. No my house :laughing:

I am consficating those bottles of Rioja sir. I will send them to my lab for taste testing and destruction :laughing:

I would always comply but the last bottle just jumped out of the very big box and broke, got some olives left. Local priest from the church of many wives will back me up, sorry

Interesting route Johnny. I’ll fire up the old autoroute and delve deeper. one of the problems I have now though is that there’s gonna be a motley convoy following me down, ranging from brand new Sprinters to huge motorhomes, and will them all being rich capitalist fat cats and me being a poor owner driver they’re gonna want to go peage all the way, and will ■■■■■ like babies if I take them off piste.

Hey ho, I’ll just have to lose them all at Calais and hide for an hour 'till they’re gone!!

Well if its not too late for you to read this, have a good trip take the photos and if it was my money wave goodbye to the rest and pick your own route £200 plus or almost Zero

My heads shurnk

Web page has expired, anyone else seen that

And your still on French time, don,t come crying when it all goes wrong at St Omer

web page has expired, again