Unsecured load in a Tipper?

Boris1971:
Tip on level ground , as you start to tip handbrake off, gravity pull rocks off wagon pushing wagon forward away from load, bit of a bounce but away you go…

bit of a bounce, that big one must weigh 10 ton :laughing:

if their positioned in body so as not too move
i would say its ok, otherwise some other devic woul be
needed

I think a rope with a double and triple dolly plus a cross at the back and front. :laughing:

My understanding is that providing the structure of the trailer is strong enough to withstand the impact of the load under forward and lateral acceleration (ie braking and cornering) AND the centres of gravity of the individual items are all substantially lower than the height of the headboard and sidewalls of the trailer, then that load would be OK as pictured.

I’m guessing with tippers all it is, is sheeting with an easy sheet type covering. Last I was told is, if the load is a processed load, top soil, sand etc it needs sheeting. Don’t know if that’s the official stance.

truckyboy:
I think a rope with a double and triple dolly plus a cross at the back and front. :laughing:

Spot on truckyboy I never fancied them new fangled belt thingys canny see them catchin on. Eddie,

Only way they are coming out is if it ovrrturns but a strap wouldnt stop it. No way it eill bounce out driving.
just tip up with handbrake off and it will roll aeay from the load.

NewLad:
I’m guessing with tippers all it is, is sheeting with an easy sheet type covering. Last I was told is, if the load is a processed load, top soil, sand etc it needs sheeting. Don’t know if that’s the official stance.

Pretty much. Anything above 200mm doesn’t need sheeting. Sand and gravel is “wet processed” so unless it’s bone dry or quarry rules say otherwise (most do require it though, with auto sheet systems). If a tipper comes off a site with broken rubble it doesn’t need sheeting, but take it to a recycling station and crush/screen it, it becomes dry processed like limestone and needs sheeting.

Hiya i did them stones from Buxton to the bypass at Stockport (where the sewerage works was)
when you say level ground to tip. it was better to back just over the edge so the backend was
down hill. we had 3 boulders for 20 ton the boulders was on the roll at two rams up.
talking of tipping…try tipping engines they get jammed, the head bolts dig into the sides
and clog up the tip…any tipper man will say how bad they are to tip… go for the boulders first.
John

Four foot scrap bales are bad uns as well John

pete smith:

Hiya…they’re good when they slide its when one or more decide to roll. that
sort,s out the bulbs in the back lights and makes the body dance from side to side.
John

pete smith:

bales are not to bad 5 foot plate and girder and engines give it a good kick in on the way out

Don’t think it’s a tipper, looks like a purpose built trailer. As somebody else has said, load will be grabbed out or slid out of the back door.
Must be assumed that we’re going uphill somewhere as an Abbey Roadtanks has managed to overtake another lorry!