Trucknet UK card?

Not sure where to post this so sorry if wrong place :wink:

What if Trucknet members could purchase a Trucknet card which will give you discounts at certain truck stops / shops etc

Good idea this mate, wonder if companies would consider getting on board to offer discounts etc?

Why would someone pay for a discount card ? Its a bit pointless

voodoo1:
Not sure where to post this so sorry if wrong place :wink:

Hi voodoo,

I’ve moved it to where I think it will be seen by those in the know. :wink:

I have a similar thing as I drive coaches most of my time now.

So as an example in Road Chef I get my card swiped and get between £2 - £6 credited on it along with free food. I can use the card in any shop in the services or as I’ve just done, saved up £100 on the card and got £50 Argos vouchers.

VERY worthwhile.

voodoo1:
What if Trucknet members could purchase a Trucknet card which will give you discounts at certain truck stops / shops etc

I can’t see why any decent truck-stop would want to give discounts big enough to be worth paying for :confused:

stagedriver:
I have a similar thing as I drive coaches most of my time now.

So as an example in Road Chef I get my card swiped and get between £2 - £6 credited on it along with free food. I can use the card in any shop in the services or as I’ve just done, saved up £100 on the card and got £50 Argos vouchers.

VERY worthwhile.

Not many truck drivers take 40 or 50 passengers to eat at a truck-stop/cafe :smiley:

This would involve Rikki contacting countless vendors to get agreements to actually give discounts.
Off you go Rikki, on yer bike.

I’ve no idea if a TruckNet card is possible or feasible but here’s some I use occasionally

roadchef.com/roadchef-offers-april2011.html

moto-way.com/app

Yeah sure we could do this for nothing- Just send a rather large cheque to cover the cost of producing the cards, distributing them , putting in place everywhere needed to the technology to accept and process them, the security so that they are not copied/defrauded, pay the time and wages and promotional material for the guys who are going to have to go out and get companies to buy into it, the data storage so we can track and keep count on which cards are valid or not and so much more…

Once we have your cheque and cashed it we can get going :wink:

Seriously this was looked into ( There was serious discussions with various manufacturers , fuel supplers and national chains - and each and everyone one of the group came back and said they didnt think it was viable) the set up and infrastructure costs were horrific for a 1-2% return on purchases- it is simply not viable to do, so its a no I am afraid

I hate to burst anyones bubble. but all discount cards are a business- and they work on a small margin and high volume and we simply dont have enough volume to justify that high level of investment