Trucknet Jobs

Dont want to knock Trucknet to much because I like the site BUT everytime Ive tried the job section been bugger all for Drivers :question:

yea tbh jobs dont need to really be advertised right now, employers have the pick of the bunch tbh when they do have a job come up but its very rare even right now for work to come up.

greek:
Dont want to knock Trucknet to much because I like the site BUT everytime Ive tried the job section been bugger all for Drivers :question:

Just shows how dire the current situation is IMO

Unfortunately,and this is a sad fact of life, in these recessionary times:If there are no jobs available, then Trucknet UK cannot advertise them.Until things (hopefully)pick up ,you,ve just got to live with that.Keep your ear to the ground,ask around, and do not lose hope.Good Luck

greek:

I’ll have a word with the management at the next meeting, infact i’ll make it a priority i’m just going to write it down…more job adverts. I’ll get back to you on it with an answer.

Mike-C:
I’ll have a word with the management at the next meeting, infact i’ll make it a priority i’m just going to write it down…more job adverts. I’ll get back to you on it with an answer.

If you could rustle up a few LGV driving jobs, including some for newbies, specifically for site members, then I’m sure you will get thanked for it… :wink:

I got my job off here :smiley:

Mike-C:

greek:

Just don’t do that fish 4 thing, where they keep recycling theirs. :laughing:

ROG:

greek:

Just shows how dire the current situation is IMO

Indeed. Two I’ve seen have been pulled from the Jobcentre website 24hrs after being put up, they’re being filled that quickly.

I have had 2 jobs off this site :smiley: Widen your Horizons :wink:

You on a usual funny Mike c :unamused:
Had a look a few times over the last yr not been a lot on there & it`s not a laugh for us out here
on £60 jobseekers :frowning:
Widen me horizons :exclamation: Thinking about ■■■■■■ with a bed in is that wide enough :question:

I know it’s not driving but -

[news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leic … 916810.stm]
(BBC NEWS | England | Leicestershire | Thousands apply for zoo positions):
Thousands apply for zoo positions

Thousands of people have applied for 150 summer jobs at a Leicestershire zoo, managers said.

Bosses at Twycross Zoo believe around 3,000 people have shown interest in the advertised positions.

The jobs do not involve working directly with the animals, but are in catering, retail, visitor information and ranger details.

A recruitment day was held at the zoo’s Napier Centre. Successful applicants will be notified in about a month.

John Ray of Twycross Zoo said: "We’ve had a tremendous response from the people who want to have a job here.

“First of all I’d like to apologise for the people who couldn’t get in, it’s just been so overwhelming we hadn’t realised (the response) would be quite so good.”

Twycross Zoo - famous for its collection of primates - opened in 1963 and has about 1,000 mammals, birds and reptiles.

Around 3,000 people have shown interest in the 150 jobs which are all at minimum wage :exclamation:

greek:
You on a usual funny Mike c :unamused:
Had a look a few times over the last yr not been a lot on there & it`s not a laugh for us out here
on £60 jobseekers :frowning:

No sorry mate. i’m not getting your point. Its a great site ‘BUT’ …
I say i’ll ask , like you have done and i’m being funny?
Lets have a stab in the dark, just a wild guess. Why would we reckon there’s not a lot of job opportunities advertised on here? Given the fact we have drivers who have posted here recently that they have sent out almost hundereds of job applications to companies and not got a reply you think its maybe a managerial problem of the site or at least a failing of the site?
As bad as job seekers is, i have never heard of anyone dying of starvation on it. Annoying as that may seem.