Trucking Class 1988

Having a bit of a sort through,and I found a Trucking Class 1988 mag,which was a special issue from Trucking International featuring some of the trucks at Truckfest 1988.

This is an interior of a DAF 3300 owned by a guy called Gary Lamb from Sunderland.
Not really my thing.

Another 3300,operated by G.D. & M.C. Johnson from Attleborough,Norfolk.

Mick Mortimer’s ‘Swiss Flyer’.The write up say’s Mick acquired the Scania around 1984 after running a Ford Transcon wagon & drag,but I’m sure he had a non-intercooled 142 before this one(?)

Foden 4000 with a 420 Cat owned by J&A Transport from Skipton.

MAN F90 22.362 run by Nicholas Pilbeam from Harwich.
I remember seeing this truck quite often,and several other MAN’s from the Harwich area which had also had the high roof conversion carried out by Crossways of Great Bromley nr Colchester.
The forerunner to the Roadhaus factory high roof cab.

Another DAF 3300,this one a Space Cab twin steer run by David Lansborough from Dumfries.

Bill Humphreys Scania 111,Scarlet Pimpernel.

Volvo F10 Globetrotter with a 320 lump run by owner/driver Lee Montague from Leighton Buzzard.
Apparently it was a special order at that time,the Globetrotter cab normally only being available on the F12.
He also mentions that the under bumper spoiler was made from two Vauxhall Cavalier back bumpers!

Good pics Kieth, i like the globetrotter at the bottom. The 2nd Daf is Little Enis from T’net.

hi keith. i had fl6 volvo with reg d240evc.i remember that f10,seen it at a couple of truck shows.cracking wagon

Thanks a wonderful selection of phtos

any more hidden away ;KW

I remember running with a few guys on the M/E with F12’s, and some of them used a second sun visor as a spoiler under the front bumper.

kw ithink ive got the 1987 one will post it up when i get time :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Used to now Mick Mortimer when he subed for Anchor Euro of Felixstowe, in the late 80s when i drove for them,nice guy him and his truck always looked very smart ! :laughing:

Good stuff KW I too have got the 1988 mag that was the year I got Grand Finalist At Truckfest, never do that again thats for sure. Standards now are so unreachable.

This DAF looks like a Pakistani taxi :unamused: