Truckfest 2009 - My personal favourite

Right, i (sadly :blush: ) got upwards of 300 photos on Sunday! Still, better that than come home wishing i had. Just a very small selection for now, I’ll see if i have time/can be arsed to put a few more on later, if you’re interested!

My long-suffering other half and I were suprised at the people that seemed suprised that we were taking photos of their pride and joy! Had three drivers comment on it, but there again, at 300+ i suppose that’s all i was doing! :blush:

Kept going back to this Sworders FH, i think it won the ‘Roger Breaker Star of Show’ award

…along with this of course :wink:

can,t view any image,s

truckspark:
can,t view any image,s

Yeah, sorry about that. I posted them all, then decided to tidy them all into a Truckfest2009 folder, changing the URL :blush:

All should be sorted now though

cheer,s got them now great pic,s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks! I’m in the process of getting a little more variety in there, if you follow the link that bubsy kindly posted whilst i was sorting myself out! Although i’ll get them all up on another post when i can.

Cracking photo’s mate…
But do you know, for me at least, whats very strange…

If i had seen that Sworders Truck during the course of the normal working week, i would have looked and really liked it…
But in the company it was in yesterday, i think it looked only a little above average…(Not saying you are wrong in your choice)

BuzzardBoy:
Cracking photo’s mate…

Thank you!

BuzzardBoy:
But do you know, for me at least, whats very strange…

If i had seen that Sworders Truck during the course of the normal working week, i would have looked and really liked it…
But in the company it was in yesterday, i think it looked only a little above average…(Not saying you are wrong in your choice)

No, i know what you’re saying mate. All down to personal preference i suppose. I think it appealed to me as aside from the paint job, it’s all pretty subtle, but very smart. And i don’t think i’d ever have thought to put those colours together, but i think they work very well. (a lot of "I think"s :wink: )
Annnnnnnd, being an FH helped! (… i think)

Roger, completely off topic, (good pics by the way!), but on browsing your other pics as per the link somebody gave, I noticed ‘the Arnie Scania’:

Now Jobe from Norfolk has posted a few pics of it, because he owned it at one point - and I believe it came down from Scotland originally, and spent some time owned by MGH before Jobe? I think they used to run some dark blue Scania’s years ago?

So who ran it in this picture? Just curious because it’s a lovely, striking old truck…

Paulson:
Roger, completely off topic, (good pics by the way!), but on browsing your other pics as per the link somebody gave, I noticed ‘the Arnie Scania’:
Now Jobe from Norfolk has posted a few pics of it, because he owned it at one point - and I believe it came down from Scotland originally, and spent some time owned by MGH before Jobe? I think they used to run some dark blue Scania’s years ago?

So who ran it in this picture? Just curious because it’s a lovely, striking old truck…

Cheers! It was a small company called AFC (Anglian Farming Contracts) i worked for about 10 years ago. More info can be found HERE on the Centurion post. My pics are a bit muddled on there now, but that one’s still on there at the bottom of page one, and also crops up in subsequent posts. I’ll have to check out Jobe’s pics, haven’t been on much lately.

That Sworders FH is very smart

I like the pix of Mr Vain Rog, disappointed that i obviously missed you and yes, yr absolutely right, the Sworders FH is a stunning machine, floats my boat too.

Thanks Rob, yeah would’ve been good to catch you, kept my eyes peeled but no joy!

Half of the rest of my photos are now HERE, with a link to the other half at the bottom, which i’ll post up when i’ve stretched my legs and eaten/drank/lived etc :wink: