Training School Notts

Hello Gents/ladies

Does anybody have any experience or feedback from Neil Codd training school in Notts?Am ready to book my training just looking at the best optin for myself in Notts area.New to this forum and the whole driving experience in General.Any help or feedback would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Ervina1985:
Hello Gents/ladies

Does anybody have any experience or feedback from Neil Codd training school in Notts?Am ready to book my training just looking at the best optin for myself in Notts area.New to this forum and the whole driving experience in General.Any help or feedback would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

neil-codd-training.co.uk/
Looks ok but I might still go and see PSTT - the forum sponsor - for a comparison :bulb: especially as you live not far from them

One thing that might put me off is the “opticruise” truck which from what I’ve heard is one of those strange semi auto ones where you pre-select the gear then change via a thing on the armrest. Driven a similar Merc truck and it was very hard to get used to - it kept missing gears.

Must admit, it’s not a company I’ve heard of, but if he’s been around since 1985 I guess I might just not have seen the trucks around as I don’t frequent Nottingham itself very often. Prices sound a little cheaper than PSST (forum sponsor) and others I’ve seen, but good to see you’re looking at a proper training company and not a broker.

One advantage of PSST is they run from a dedicated yard and have their own reversing area and your test is based at their yard rather than the centre in Nottingham which might help a little with confidence. Not too sure where Neil runs from, but I suspect he runs on the road as he’s not got a yard.

I don’t want to say good or bad things about someone I don’t know anything about as he might be a brilliant instructor with a great pass rate, but I would as ROG says recommend seeing at least a couple of companies. Personally I used someone else, but will be using PSST for my class 1 as I know they’re good based on people who’ve passed with them here (and that I live 15 miles away).

Finally - if you did book with PSST, give them your Trucknet username and they’ll give you a 10% discount! :slight_smile:

Guys

Thanks for the info much appreciated.Yes Neil Codd is the cheapest ive seen in Notts area after research so was just wondering if anybody had done there training there.Im new to the forum so not aware of PSSM training until now.His set up sounds very neat and tidy although more expensive but if its serious you get 10% discount if you give your username i might enquire there.Hes about 15 mes from me as im in Bulwell.Neil Codd a lot closer.

Thanks for the info guys appreciated