Training recommendations

I,m looking into re-training as a HGV driver and was looking for any recommended training schools near Doncaster or surrounding areas? Looking to do both class c and c+e.

Hello!! We’re close to you at Mansfield. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Mowglie:
I,m looking into re-training as a HGV driver and was looking for any recommended training schools near Doncaster or surrounding areas? Looking to do both class c and c+e.

Blimey an easy one = truckdrivertraining.co.uk/ :smiley:

10% off for members on here I believe

Also - check out the link in my signature below

10% off for members on here I believe

Yes, that’s correct. 10% off everything for Trucknet users. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I would reccomended giving Pete a try, I myself is from doncaster, and I am training with him myself, just an hours drive down a1, off at climber park jct and come in through edwinstow. Beats the m1 traffic.

Give him a try with a free assesment you can’t go wrong. Was going to go with atlas on Carr hill before I joined this forum, I’m a lot ore comfortable now with Pete

Regards Chris

Mowglie:

Of course the company mentioned is a reputable company and also is the forum sponsor.

However this forum is just not all about the said company and their are other good companies about local to you and some also post on here and you might also get training cheaper despite the advertised 10% discount for forum members.

My advice is to visit at least two training providers before choosing.

Good luck with it all.

Paul :smiley:

Peter Smythe:
Hello!! We’re close to you at Mansfield. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pets, I’ll call to get more info as I’m confused over the CPC rules too as I passed my car test in 1992!

Routy22:
I would reccomended giving Pete a try, I myself is from doncaster, and I am training with him myself, just an hours drive down a1, off at climber park jct and come in through edwinstow. Beats the m1 traffic.

Give him a try with a free assesment you can’t go wrong. Was going to go with atlas on Carr hill before I joined this forum, I’m a lot ore comfortable now with Pete

Regards Chris

Thanks Chris, I’ve visited Atlas and Emms in Doncaster but think I’ll give Pete a call, seems highly recommended!

Cheers

Kris

I’m confused over the CPC rules too

So are most people! But, for you, it’s simple. 35 hours of periodic training - some of which can be credited from your practical driver training.

You are, of course, very welcome to visit our training centre and someone will be happy to show you around. If you haven’t started the process of getting your provisional, all that can be sorted for you as well. Centre is open Mon - Fri between 8 and 5, though training happens over the weekends and evenings as well.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Mowglie:
I’m confused over the CPC rules too as I passed my car test in 1992!

No initial dcpc modules 2 and 4 for you

You need to complete 35 hours of periodic dcpc but I believe Peters place has the practical courses approved for that so on a 1 to 1 5 x half days LGV C course that will be 14 of the 35 sorted - costs a little more to cover the dcpc admin bit

If your intention is to do C+E within a few weeks of passing C then that could be another 14 hours making 28 so leaving only 7 to do

A 7 hours course on drivers hours and tachos will sort that

If Peter did 2 to 1 all day training over 5 days then that would be 28 hours for the C course alone

All this is assuming that Peter has the practical training approved for dcpc

All this is assuming that Peter has the practical training approved for dcpc

O yes.

Another vote for PSTS, they got me to pass so you can do no wrong with them. Ask for a chap called Chris, he was the one who taught me to pass.

Phone Nigel at Tal Training in Sheffield mate. Past first time with him this month. He only does manual though which i feel is the best way to make sure you can drive anything. Plus he’s smack next door to the Sheffield test centre so when driving your straight on the test routes. Total cost for me was less than the others advertising on here.

Try this; go to Nigel (TAL) for an assessment and come to us. You then have something to compare. But if it’s just about price, we’re not in the running probably.

Well I’ve been to Peter Smythe and by far the most impressive Driver Training I’ve visited to date so the decision is made, Peter Smythe it is. Thanks for everyone’s comments and help!
Regards
Kris (mowglie)

Well I’ve been to Peter Smythe and by far the most impressive Driver Training I’ve visited to date so the decision is made, Peter Smythe it is. Thanks for everyone’s comments and help!
Regards

Thank you very much. It’s so hard to describe the differences in what is on offer. Pleased you had a look around and then made your choice.

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing: