Tourqe policy

Take it you are reading it out of a Book ffs, Cooper1203 has the Right idea plunty of grease on hub as Alloy and Steel dont mix that well, grease between the to Alloys oil nuts/washers before fitting . Jobs a gooden, Dont worry about Slathering grease getting on the brake components ie Brake Disc it does Not, Next time you want to remove the wheels they will fall off lol No Sledge Hammer required,
How do i know ? Been there and done it, no T shirt though lol
Its ok reading crap out of a book. much like going to uni then coming out and thinking you can operate a transport company ffs you can see who they work for ? all the gear no idea, The ONE thing that cannot ever be bought is Experience.

Why would you slap grease all over the rim and hub surface? To me it doesn’t do anything except make a mess and cover the next person who has to do a reline in grease.
The rim sits on the spigots of the hub. (Or the pads as someone above called them…) thats where they stick. Still say the best thing you can do is get them surfaces clean as possible. Which many cba to do and just whack a load of grease or WD on. Wire brush and a wee dremel works wonders.
Alloys are a pain sometimes. Bottle jack against the chassis I found cracked most of them off.

One fitter at a place where I used to work once cut a wheel off. Couple of lads where laughing at him trying to knock the wheel off with a toffee hammer. So he said I’ll give you something to laugh at and gas axed through the rim. Dunno what became of him lol.

Don’t feed an internet troll.

1 Like