Totally confused

Hopefully Rog or Peter can help me with this one. As got a new job set up and new employer says i need inital dcpc

had my class c license 20 months now, passed my car test 23.6.1995, and my license shows this and my C1 entitlement as the same.

as far as i am aware i have acquired rights and shouldnt need to do inital dcpc. just 35rs periodic.

company happy for me to start as long as got them up to.date. so my question is who is right■■?

You’re correct.

You are correct. There is a massive amount of confusion in the transport industry; most of this is the result of MMTM. But you would be well advised to do your 35 hours as a matter of urgency as this will give you cpc until Sept 2019 and make you much more employable.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Many thanks for the replies, though how to convince them of that is another matter. Wondering if an email from vosa might be in order.

Also anyone have any idea why when i moved house recently my paper license came back with provisonal on my c1 now as it show i have it on my photocard version.

Aurri:
though how to convince them of that is another matter.

Here’s the official link to explain acquired rights:

gov.uk/driver-certificate-o … red-rights

Aurri:
Many thanks for the replies, though how to convince them of that is another matter. Wondering if an email from vosa might be in order.

Also anyone have any idea why when i moved house recently my paper license came back with provisonal on my c1 now as it show i have it on my photocard version.

When I raised the question of C1 entitlement with the DVLA their reply was:

Dear OnlyAlan
Thank you for your email received on 5/3/12. Your email reference number is XXXXX.
Your CE category does supercede the C1E category until your LGV entitlement is next due for renewal in 5 years time. At present you can drive C1 vehicles with a heavier trailer than 8250kg combined weight.
The C1E entitlement with the restriction code 107 was given to you along with C1, D1 and D1E when you passed your first driving test. They will stay on your licence until you reach the age of 70 and will not be affected if you do not choose to renew your LGV entitlement in the future. This is why they are shown as separate categories on your licence.
Regards
C Romaniw
Customer Enquiries Group
DVLA

(The 5 years bit relates to my age)

Having re-read your question I don’t know if this answers it but I hope it helps.

Thanks to all that responded. WIth your help has now all been sorted, and start new job end of the month.

Cheers Aurri