Tosco Thurrock Drivers Terms /conditions

Hi hope theres a Tosco Thurrock driver or ex out there who can help please.Im in the process of taking my agency to employment tribunal for breach of awr regs and desperately need to know the terms/conditions as agency cant/wont give details and tosco wont either its a long shot but if anyone could help they can pm me Thanks :question: :question:

MMmmm been a member for 16 months and this is first post :laughing: It’s Tesco not Tosco but you already knew that :unamused:

Yes course i knew that but didnt know if forum rules might apply to legal type stuff and yes its my 1st post but Im more of a reader than a writer :smiley: :

Give us some more info.

So you’re taking your agency to a tribunal for what?

If it is because they don’t give you the same benefits as Tesco employees, how do you know that? If you do, then why ask for their Ts and Cs :open_mouth:

It’s common knowledge that Tossco and their sycophant agencies are trying their hardest to circumvent the AWR legislation. Why would they do that unless it was to their advantage? I had a conversation a year or so ago with a Tossco driver who has been known to me for a few years. He’s been in the job for quite a long time and has some additional responsibilities. His rate is nearly £17ph. As there is legislation in place perhaps a court order could elicit the required information?

It’s illegal to make someone redundant, and then use an agency driver to do the same job duty, meaning of course the “redundancy” was a lie to manupulate pay lower.

It is NOT illegal for firms to reduce the availability of high-paid overtime to full time staff, and give those extra shifts out to agency instead.

This, indeed would represent the main source of shifts block-booked by whatever agency has the local contract.
I understand TRG are pretty big in Thurrock, but I walked away because I didn’t want to sign up to the fiddle that is “umbrella”. :angry:
The recruit thing I went to was like a timeshare pitch - I even got offered a kickback “if I could recruit any other drivers I knew to sign up”…
Set alarm bells ringing like nothing else THAT proposal did! :open_mouth:

Then there are the agencies who get around AWR by “not using you more than 12 weeks at a time” thus avoiding putting the agency driver on parity pay.
If you did 12 weeks on, 6 weeks off, 12 weeks on, etc etc for years and years, you’d end up never qualifying for a pay rise, and never being on anywhere near what the full timers get. Fiscal Drag will send you to the poor house long before retirement. :angry:

pips109:
Hi hope theres a Tosco Thurrock driver or ex out there who can help please.Im in the process of taking my agency to employment tribunal for breach of awr regs and desperately need to know the terms/conditions as agency cant/wont give details and tosco wont either its a long shot but if anyone could help they can pm me Thanks :question: :question:

Are you aware of the Swedish Derogation? If I were you I’d find out if your agency use that before going to tribunal because if they do, you’re going to have their costs to pay.

Also if you were paid through an umbrella company, AWR doesn’t apply as you weren’t employed by the agency.

Would be interested to know which agency? Had some issues with one of the agencies that supply Tosco Thurrock.

Thanks for info guys My agency didnt sign me up to the swedish derogation contract and i carried on past the 12 weeks am in final process of waiting for hearing and I need to know exactly what T&C are cos agency ( not trg )are not playing ball now.Thanks in advance for any info