Tom Tom Navigator and Europe maps

I’ve got the 6 dvd Tom tom navigator package and am intending to put street level maps of France and Spain on the tom tom ( its a Go 500). The current card is a 128mb sd card, what size card will i need to install the European maps i intend to?
Its not my Tom Tom so i need to be able to tell the guywhat size card to get before he brings it round.

Try this link from Tomtom

SD Card Size

Thanks Col, i’ll tell him to get a 1gb card.

mike you’ll also have to reflash the v6 application to the go as v5 won’t read v6 maps personally I’d go for a 2gb card as the seamless western europe map only just fits on a 1gb card

alix776:
mike you’ll also have to reflash the v6 application to the go as v5 won’t read v6 maps personally I’d go for a 2gb card as the seamless western europe map only just fits on a 1gb card

How do you re flash it, or do you have a link?

you may do it from tomtom home which should install the map and application home is available from the tt site. or there should be a folder on the disc to install it to a go unit home is the easiest

if your dvd is your then bear in mind that you’ll have only one activation every 6 months to enable a change of device
the acctivation system is as follows

1 initial activation
2 sencond activation after seven day to allow for faulty device

3 one activation per each 6 months period to allow for changes of device or platform

Installed tt home, updated the tomtom to ver 6 and it runs fine now. It was swapping screens intermittently and recalculating the route intermittently but alls fine now after the upgrade. Just waiting for him to bring the memory card round to do the euro maps. The £5.99 1 Gig memory cards at Aldi where all sold out half an hour after the store opened !!

Done it !! Seamless Western Europe and GB on 2GB card loads of room to spare. Works fine.