Today's Truck racing at Brands Hatch

youtube.com/watch?v=2ECxA4Cw3dE

Saw it happen. What a mess. Surprised there was no coming together in the last race either.

Agency driver.

Truck racing; Just one league higher than the gypsy sports of banger racing and motorcross.

As I love owt to do with trucks I’d like to take the family to a race. Closest track to me is Oulton park. Any idea if that is on the truck circuit?

More Ale:
Truck racing; Just one league higher than the gypsy sports of banger racing and motorcross.

And narrowboating. :wink:

Tony Saprano:
As I love owt to do with trucks I’d like to take the family to a race. Closest track to me is Oulton park. Any idea if that is on the truck circuit?

No it’s not, I am not sure of the exact reason but they do have strict noise controls there. Quite a low bridge, about 3.2m I think, but I don’t think that affects racing trucks ? Nearest circuit is Donnington Park.

manski:

Tony Saprano:

No it’s not, I am not sure of the exact reason but they do have strict noise controls there. Quite a low bridge, about 3.2m I think, but I don’t think that affects racing trucks ? Nearest circuit is Donnington Park.

Ah no worries. Donny isn’t that far. About 1.5hr drive. We’d make a day in any case.

Harry Monk:

More Ale:

And narrowboating. :wink:

I like narrowboats, it’s just Oxford and Aylesbury where “water ■■■■■” abound.
Talking of truck racing, anyone remember the jet powered Ford truck? Personally I think all Ford and Iveco trucks should’ve had a flame near them…

Me and my kids did the Brands Hatch Truck Show for a couple of years when I had the Magnum and it was always a really good weekend. It cost (iirc) £36 for the weekend and that included camping for me and my boys and four guest tickets. It’s one of those things which is definitely better as an exhibitor than a punter.

[quote="Harry monk
It’s one of those things which is definitely better as an exhibitor than a punter.

In general,highly polished things don’t interest me,but i always like to see a nice wrecker.

I seem to recall many years ago that truck racing fell out of favour a bit when a gearbox fell out at Pembrey and gouged a hole in the track

More Ale:

Not all :smiley: .I do motocross cos I love riding two-strokes. And my motorhome is so old even a gypo wouldn’t be seen dead in it :laughing:

Nobby_Clarke:

More Ale:

Not all :smiley: .I do motocross cos I love riding two-strokes. And my motorhome is so old even a gypo wouldn’t be seen dead in it :laughing:

My boss likes motocross. Motorbikes don’t interest me but I get plenty of work taking muck to a couple of tracks for rebuilding the jumps. I have to hear from the operators about what they’re doing so I have to nod and look interested. :laughing:

Muckaway:

Nobby_Clarke:

More Ale:

My boss likes motocross. Motorbikes don’t interest me but I get plenty of work taking muck to a couple of tracks for rebuilding the jumps. I have to hear from the operators about what they’re doing so I have to nod and look interested. :laughing:

Mind you by the time you’ve finished moaning at em I’m sure they’re nodding just the same :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: