Tm cpc home pack and exam

honestly feel a bit stupid asking these questions but can’t find this googling around.

i see a lot of providers offer cpc training courses, however i am thinking of doing a home study so the first question is what the best place is to get the home study pack? there are somw on ebay, but it is not clear if they are up to date

the second question is how i book the actual exam having prepared myself at home?

thanks for your time reading this :slight_smile:

I bought a home study pack from cpc-4u.co.uk

I took the manual with me and read it whilst awaiting to be loaded,
they included some CD’s that I listened to in the car on the way to & from the depot.

I then googled to find some test centres, I sat mine at Novadata at Witham

I went on a revision day a couple of days before the exam.
Most of the other candidates had been on the course the previous week

I also bought a copy of David Lowes, Transport Managers handbook.

Try RHA online shop. Always have latest updated version. I think the price is around £160. plus test fees if you decide to sit one.

Cheers,

Did you find that TM handbook useful? What does it cover?

I think you can probalby book just the test at any centre that does the courses.
I’m pretty sure there were those doing just the test at NTS Norwich when I did mine.

I did the full 2 week course as I know this is how I learn best, I’ve never been very good at self study courses, I know others who are far better disciplined than me and can stick to a self study course who passed thier CPC.
Its really down to what type of person you are, so have think about which is the best way for you, before you layout a load of money on a course and test.

Priest:
Cheers,

I found that book invaluable when I did mine.

Well worth the money.

Priest:
Cheers,

Yes - most helpful, Good source of reference, and anyone running any kind of transport operation should have one to refer to

cheers, so is it an addition to the home study pack or does it cover slightly different topics / more in depth those in the pack?

The study manual and exam pack cover what you need to know to pass the exam and condense the topics. The Transport Handbook by David Lowe will cover the same topics but will go into far greater detail of each of the subjects. To pass teh exam just focus on your study manual and exam pack and practise a few past papers. That’s what I did and went to the 12 day course and passed first time. It is a lot of reading but it is possible. Good luck Mate.

Thanks Jake