Tippers

Hello guys, just wanted some tips for tipper work. It will be Mainly gravel sand tar etc that I will be loading. Just wondered if anyone could give me any tips about quarries just general stuff like that! Many thanks have a good weekend boys, dan

Resurrect another old thread there will be quite a few with the info you want :wink:

SCANIA730:
Hello guys, just wanted some tips for tipper work. It will be Mainly gravel sand tar etc that I will be loading. Just wondered if anyone could give me any tips about quarries just general stuff like that! Many thanks have a good weekend boys, dan

when loading tar shovel lime over the floor sparingly too help the load come out,when empty with tar use a scraper too clean the door seals and face of the door and when carrying loads of sand and gravel it’s good practice to always cover the loads as this will stop claims for new car windscreens and will help no end with fuel economy, always stay on the right side of the shovel drivers as they can make or break your day, when on sites dont be scared too ask too see where your tipping/loading before you go in with the truck as this may save you time and money, always make sure you know the banksmans instructions as some of them are useless at it.

Most tarmac plants you go into you well find that you have to put water on the floor, from either a hose pipe or spray bar. Diesel is seen as a no no as it kills the tarmac. Best to always ask on the weighbridge for their preferred cause of action.

Dont Rush

If your tipping into a tar paver (spreader) laying tarmac on road etc keep truck in neutral and apply brakes “slightly”, this will stop you “falling out” of the spreader hopper when they stop and you getting handed a shovel to “fix” the tonne of tarmac lying on ground in front of spreader :exclamation: :exclamation: :blush:

Important to let Tarmac gang know you’ve never tipped into spreader before also :exclamation: :exclamation:

hitch:
Dont Rush

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When tipping into a paver, use a small stick to keep the accelerator revs up, thus allowing the PTO to tip the buck. The stick keeps the accelerator pressed by wedging it against the underside of dash. You can then concentrate on the hand control for tipping. You can then further concentrate on touching the brake with enough pressure to keep you in contact with the paver. The paver will push you fwd by rollers on your back wheels. Ah, while at the back end, don’t forget your mud flaps have to be hitched up with ty-wraps and a hook arrangement.

First time tipping for me into a paver was in an artic. Its a little easier in a 8 wheel tipper.

Jjtransport:
Most tarmac plants you go into you well find that you have to put water on the floor, from either a hose pipe or spray bar. Diesel is seen as a no no as it kills the tarmac. Best to always ask on the weighbridge for their preferred cause of action.

good advice.used to put diesel or dust in at Mountsorrel,water at Croft.every quarry has their own method.

SCANIA730:

don’t tip the lorry over! :blush: