Time sheets for agencies

I recieved a special letter yesterday. It was written that my Time Sheet is wrong.

Called them up and problem was as follows:

There is a column “hours worked for others”. I had a shift of 12 hours (plus breaks off course) so I put 12 hours there, as it was 12 hours of work incl. driving.

They told me:

• you broke the law, as you can’t work 12 hours :open_mouth:

I explained them that I can. They told me

• OK, but we want to heave your driving there, not a work, as we treat it as driving and by driving 12 hours you are breaking the law
  • But if it’s written “work” i put work there. If you wish me to write 'driving", call this column “driving”. Anyway, I am sending my time sheets via e-mail, so I will just add one column in my spread sheet and split it between “work” and “driving” if you wish.
  • No, you just put 9 hours there and put 3 hours into POA :open_mouth:

That’s, IMHO, is breaking a law: telling them that I was on POA when I was working. So sorry, dear agency, I will do it my way, and from this monday onwards you will recieve my special time sheet where everything is splitted between driving, working and POA…

But: this is a standard time sheet form, used by all offices of this agency (and I am registered with three of them) and I never had such problem before… :unamused:

But this one is staffed almost solely by womens. Some of them blondes… May it be a reason? :smiling_imp:

why do they want to know how many hours you drive ■■?
I would pee her off and put 6hrs 3min 42 seconds or something like that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

orys:
… as we treat it as driving and by driving 12 hours you are breaking the law

If you didnt do 12 hours driving then they cant enter as such, similarly if you did 8 hours driving and 4 hours handball whats wrong with that? Yes we use POA, comes in useful, but I wont record it because an agency bod thinks it makes their life easier.

I use the hours worked for others when I am with a different agency on a job. I then subtract my POA and break(s) from the total so my agency knows my running total for the week. But it’s not classed as driving but working. :slight_smile:

nick2008:
why do they want to know how many hours you drive ■■?

That’s a duty of employer to monitor driver’s hours.

orys:
That’s a duty of employer to monitor driver’s hours.

Keep your own records for your self and just give them what they ask for. Maybe with a note to say attatched records ‘in the format you require’. ?

That’s what I do.

I just wonder: if that their duty, shouldn’t they have some basic understanding of this things? :unamused:

orys:
That’s what I do.

I just wonder: if that their duty, shouldn’t they have some basic understanding of this things? :unamused:

You should already know this answer!! They have not got a clue, and because you know differently and correctly they will speak to you like you are thick !! Just humour them.

In respect to the time sheets I fill in, I simply enter the hours I was at the company, which is what I am paid on. My tacho reveals what I have actually driven.

If I am booked into a company at 6am, that is my start time, if I leave at 5pm, that is my finish time, regardless of what I have actually been doing during those hours, working or not.

this is driver hire at their best orys lol, though ive never handed one timesheet into driver hire…ever lol and i still get paid right

i do it for manpower and ive never had any problems.