Threads on the subject of race...a personal whinge

Just a quick moan.

Whilst I fully agree that the whole “race” thing - Polish drivers, Turkish butty van owners, etc - is a valid subject and right to be discussed, can we please stop taking everything so personally■■?

It’s a very emotive area, but we are all adults…and frankly I am getting seriously bored with watching every thread on this subject turn into a personal slanging match.

By all means disagree with someone’s opinion, but remember that just because they sing from a slightly different hymnsheet, that doesn’t invalidate their view.

“I disagree because in my view blah blah blah” is fine…“You are talking a load of [zb] and need to wake up you [zb] blah blah blah” is not.

Attack the post rather than the poster. If you want to get personal, take it to e-mail or PM…NOT ON THE FORUMS.

I’m not interested in a stream of replies to this thread saying either that I’m right or that I’m talking crap and should get a life. I am also not speaking in any official capacity here.

But us Mods are the poor sods who have to try and apply the rules on here, and I am utterly sick of my heart sinking every time a thread on foreigners appears, because I just know it’s inevitably going to need editing at some point.

Give us a break, eh? :unamused:

Ok. Rant over. Carry on. :wink: :blush: :grimacing:

Just say what you mean Lucy and stop beating about the bush :wink: :wink: :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:

Lucy:
Just a quick moan.

have a kitkat. or r u on lumps of coal yet. :laughing: :laughing:

Cheese, mate. And curry up the road. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ohterry:

Lucy:
Just a quick moan.

hey who gave you permission to use my name in vain :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

ohterry:

Lucy:
Just a quick moan.

hey who gave you permission to use my name in vain :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

was waiting 4 that… :wink:

Lucy:
Just a quick moan.

i would hate to read a long moan :laughing: :laughing:
:wink:
jon

Ok…heres a long moan…
…M

…O

…A

N

Sorry lucy…couldnt resist it…thinking about all those Yanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

truckyboy:
Sorry lucy…couldnt resist it…thinking about all those Yanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your not allowed to call them Yanks, its racist. :wink: :smiley:

TC:

truckyboy:

Your not allowed to call them Yanks, its racist. :wink: :smiley:

The ones round Cliff’s neck of the woods get particularly ticked off!

Salut, David.