This Week's Diary (wiv Piccies!) Part 1

DEANB:
Nice diary Shrek,didnt you used to drive a tanker or am i getting mixed up :question:

Years ago, I did a few months for Blue Circle Cement on a powder tanker, but apart from that, no.

Shrek:
Not Brighouse Dave…we’re on Cross Green industrial estate in Leeds.

I used to go to Rhys Davies on Cross Green, but that seems a liftime ago now…:grimacing:
Are they still there??

dieseldave:

Shrek:
Not Brighouse Dave…we’re on Cross Green industrial estate in Leeds.

I used to go to Rhys Davies on Cross Green, but that seems a liftime ago now…:grimacing:
Are they still there??

Now you’re going back a few years there Dave! I actually did some agency work for Rhys Davies back in the day. Rigid 17 tonner delivering paper to schools and offices. Dunno where they are now, but I do still see the trucks around Leeds.

keano1:
Great photos Shrek. How do those cars stay on there?? :open_mouth:

Like this:

Thats cool Shrek. Unless i’ve missed one, any chance of a shot from the first car on the top deck looking over the roof ? :smiley:

Mike-C:
Thats cool Shrek. Unless i’ve missed one, any chance of a shot from the first car on the top deck looking over the roof ? :smiley:

Not quite sure what you mean Mike…there’s a couple on there looking down the top deck from the car on the peak (doesn’t really give much perspective though TBH).

How about this one looking straight down from the peak deck…

Any good? :smiley:

Shrek:
Now you’re going back a few years there Dave! I actually did some agency work for Rhys Davies back in the day. Rigid 17 tonner delivering paper to schools and offices. Dunno where they are now, but I do still see the trucks around Leeds.

Very true Shrek, but I was on nights for my whole time with RD’s.
IIRC, that would have been 1998/9ish

Would the paper you delivered have been Xerox in red and white boxes by any chance.:grimacing:

Very often, my load would have been split up by the night forkies and placed onto those 17tonners you drove, and the next night, I got to return the damaged stuff back to their Brum (M5, J2) depot, after I’d initially brought it from Warrington. :confused:

I did a triangular night trunk Warrington - Leeds - Brum - Warrington, but ours is not to reason why eh?. :wink:

Shrek:
Any good? :smiley:

Yeah, enough to set my vertigo off !! :smiley:

Hi mate,

Great post.

Was that you parked up at the J21 (M1) services (Southbound) late last week (about mid afternoon)?

Saw a Volly just like yours but nobody in it.

Cheers

NB

NewBlood:
Hi mate,

Great post.

Was that you parked up at the J21 (M1) services (Southbound) late last week (about mid afternoon)?

Saw a Volly just like yours but nobody in it.

Cheers

NB

Not me NB…it’ll have been one of the Birmingham depot trucks…we only cover as far south as Castle Donnington, everything else is covered by the Brummies and trunked up to us!

Cheers for the reply Shrek.

Well, you never know, I might come across you up north sometime now I have my Cat C under my belt (C+E soon too. Here’s hoping anyway).

Cheers

NB

Shrek. That wasn’t you today about lunchtime on the M67 just dropping down to the M60 by any chance, if it was that was me in the FH flashing you going the other way.

Rollo Tomasi:
Shrek. That wasn’t you today about lunchtime on the M67 just dropping down to the M60 by any chance, if it was that was me in the FH flashing you going the other way.

Hi Rollo…I have been over Manchester way today, but not the M67…I was on the M60 though…could have been me mate :smiley:

Shrek:
Hi Rollo…I have been over Manchester way today, but not the M67…I was on the M60 though…could have been me mate :smiley:

Hi Shrek,
It was definitely on the M67, whoever it was, was wearing a red T-Shirt & was just approaching the Roundabout with the M60, sure it was about 1pm ish.