Think I've been caught

waynedl:

martinviking:

corij:
iv since bought a snooper ,old sr6 ,to buzz me if it picks up a radar gun ahead . iv got paranoid about bein caught lately.

Just stick to speed limits, less stress & you get the added bonus of keeping your licence !

Think I might have been caught today, and I DO NOT speed, even on SCL’s I do 40mph.

So, I was on the A483 heading from Wrexham Industrial Estate towards the M53, there’s a bit of a downhill.
I’ve got a loaded double deck, so weighing in quite high, hits the downhill at 48mph, notices it’s rolled upto 52mph even with the retarder working, so thought I’d drop a gear to get the exhaust brake to work harder, and between changes it picks up to around 55 - 56mph, and there he was, a galaxy in the layby with ‘Traffic Enforcement’ written on it and some camera symbols :imp:

I’ve no idea if I’m going to get a ticket or not, but I’m fuming, I don’t run on the limiter on duals or anything, yet by positioning themselves in such a place, they might have actually got me

Bad luck mate, you might be lucky & he was just setting up !

I’m no Angel !

I got zapped earlier this year, coming out of Hull, over the flyover by Smith & Nephew 47 in a 40. Just got rid of 6 points from 3 years earlier, managed to get the speed awareness course for £95 but avoided the points that load your insurance (for the rest of your life !!!)

It’s just that odd time that catches you out. I try to stick to speed limits as much as possible, but there are times when you want to get home, Beer o’clock & all that.

i didnt think that traffic enforcement could sit there wwith a speed camera i thought they were there to monitor traffic and only respond to things like accidents - traffic wombles basically

Mates wife just been done in car 32 in a 30 that’s bit to keen.

waynedl:

martinviking:

corij:
iv since bought a snooper ,old sr6 ,to buzz me if it picks up a radar gun ahead . iv got paranoid about bein caught lately.

Just stick to speed limits, less stress & you get the added bonus of keeping your licence !

Think I might have been caught today, and I DO NOT speed, even on SCL’s I do 40mph.

So, I was on the A483 heading from Wrexham Industrial Estate towards the M53, there’s a bit of a downhill.
I’ve got a loaded double deck, so weighing in quite high, hits the downhill at 48mph, notices it’s rolled upto 52mph even with the retarder working, so thought I’d drop a gear to get the exhaust brake to work harder, and between changes it picks up to around 55 - 56mph, and there he was, a galaxy in the layby with ‘Traffic Enforcement’ written on it and some camera symbols :imp:

I’ve no idea if I’m going to get a ticket or not, but I’m fuming, I don’t run on the limiter on duals or anything, yet by positioning themselves in such a place, they might have actually got me

A Ford Galaxy with “Traffic Enforcement” writ large on the back is a VOSA motor and has nowt to do with speed limit enforcement. The ones you need to be careful of (speed-wise) are marked “ECILOP” (or Heddlu in Wales), or “Safety Camera Team”

Roymondo:

waynedl:

martinviking:

corij:

A Ford Galaxy with “Traffic Enforcement” writ large on the back is a VOSA motor and has nowt to do with speed limit enforcement. The ones you need to be careful of (speed-wise) are marked “ECILOP” (or Heddlu in Wales), or “Safety Camera Team”

That’d be great if it was definite, I don’t deserve a ticket in the truck - often deserve one in my own vehicles mind…

But, why did it have the little speed camera signs on it ■■

Hello wayne don’t quote me but I think the camera sign on vosa vehicles is indicating they have anpr on board,with anpr any companies who they are watching will flag up and then get pulled, take care.

i have the Snooper to warn me of a handheld lazer and also bought a satnav that beeps about 1/4 mile before any camera site ,this satnav also speaks a repeating voice if im 1 mile over speed limit. At first this cacophony of beeps n voices did my head in but once id got the volumes set about right i now find im rarely speeding anywhere- previous to all this i was a 37 in a 30 type of man everywhere i went so was easy prey and got done twice in 5 years at 37ish
my satnav is a cheapey far eastern job under 50 quid that i got after reading the satnav thread, its worth its weight in gold

waynedl:

Roymondo:

waynedl:

martinviking:

corij:

That’d be great if it was definite, I don’t deserve a ticket in the truck - often deserve one in my own vehicles mind…

But, why did it have the little speed camera signs on it ■■

Its signs for ANPR cameras. It look like this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386660257.135634.jpg

Thanks guys, looks like it was a VOSA unit then, so I should be ok.

Was absolutely gutted because I’ve kept a clean licence for years.

As I said, I’m no angel in my own vehicles, especially on my motorbike, but in the truck I pride myself on driving correctly, even in bloody Wigan with it’s ■■■■■■ up road signs that put you in the wrong lane all the time. :smiling_imp:

people moan on here for drivers doing 40mph on the a15 , then the moaners get caught, then they do 40mph ,simples , take ya time , iam in it at least twice a week at a regular time ,
now the two static ones nr blythbrough , out of our depot there has been 19 lorrys since september that been snaped,
Then theres two vans that sit on the a15 one on the humberside with the big laybys just south of the m180 and another south between scamton and caneby corner, that a chance of 4 cameras ,