The one show

Foreign drivers and accident rates. On bbc1 now

JB:
Foreign drivers and accident rates. On bbc1 now

dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/14965

Watch Fridays show - available from now til Thursday 13th Nov -
bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fcwd8

Short but sweet rog eh (not you the prog!) :laughing:
No break for x amount of hours just gets politely told to park up for 11 hours… no fine nothing!
Unbeleivable

About time they started clamping down. What about that Pole? No rest since leaving Poland :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
At first I thought, feel sorry for you, no facilities etc for 11 hours, then I had a personal reality check and thought GOOD :exclamation: :exclamation: Suffer you A/wipe :imp: :imp:

JB:
No break for x amount of hours just gets politely told to park up for 11 hours… no fine nothing!
Unbeleivable

Yes JB “UNBELIEVABLE” as you put it, my choice of words was a bit stronger, but can’t post them here :blush:
He would not have been dealt with so lightly over here :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

HOW BIG WOULD THE FINE BE IF WE GOT CAUGHT FOR THAT!!! :imp: :exclamation: :exclamation: DOUBLE STANDARDS!!

by you were quick i got straight on to com when i watched it…good job your not a gun slinger

ALSO…DID YOU NOTICE HE COULD SUDDENLY SPEAK A BIT OF ENGLISH WHEN HE REALISED THAT SHE WANTED HIM TO JUST PARK UP!! FREEKIN SHOCKING MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL!! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

:laughing: :laughing: i got nowt else to do fuse! :wink:

Worst bit was the item about the dutch driver who killed another truck driver and went home, free as you like.
Disgraceful.

I think its shocking :open_mouth: I had a Cheq wagon overtake me tonight,he was watchng DVD :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

JB:
Unbeleivable

Just watch it, your right. Think it was 9 hours he did.

truckermarcus:
HOW BIG WOULD THE FINE BE IF WE GOT CAUGHT FOR THAT!!! :imp: :exclamation: :exclamation: DOUBLE STANDARDS!!

Yeah! And if you will be catched on that in Poland, you will be fined (and if you won’t have polish money, you will go to the cash mashine or exchange) or even dragged to the court and arrested!

No wonder, that so many of foreign drivers are breaking the rules if they know that they will go away with break only (which they should have anyway)!

That program got my blood boiling. VOSA seemed to be trying to impress the audience by saying that if they catch a foreign driver exceeding hours, they are going to be given the power to clamp the vehicle until the driver’s had adequate rest.

WHAT?!

The foreign driver should be, and their firm (who’re probably putting them under pressure to exceed hours) banned from ever taking their vehicle into the UK as they’re part of an organisation which has conspired to break our road transport laws! What about the fines and points like we’d expect to get if we drove for 9 hours straight? Probably won’t bother with them as there’s too much chasing to do.

They seem to be boasting the fact that the most wreckless drivers of all are being given a slap on the wrist in the form of a rest break, which they ought to have taken anyway. It’s almost an encouragement to break the rules if that’s the only sanction you receive. Chances are, you won’t get pulled over anyway.

What hope have we got when we’ve got incompetant agency like VOSA in charge?

manowar:
The foreign driver should be, and their firm (who’re probably putting them under pressure to exceed hours) banned from ever taking their vehicle into the UK as they’re part of an organisation which has conspired to break our road transport laws! What about the fines and points like we’d expect to get if we drove for 9 hours straight? Probably won’t bother with them as there’s too much chasing to do.

Come on, I think that the same laws which apply to british firms and drivers will be good enaugh.

What I think there should be created international data system within UE to put all offences in it. It’s not fair, that when you lost 9 points from your licence here and no-one want to employ you, you just move to another country and start there with a clean account again…