The new server is up, please report any issues here

Hi Rikki. Its when I go to post a reply I then click on upload attachment,browse & choose my photos from my album then click add them and then nothing from there onwards.I have had to used my photobucket again but not all my photos are in there so I mess about having to add them to photobucket and then use them.It was a lot easier when your system was working ok.

In the car transporter thread on p3 i quoted bowserman who had a photo in his post. The quote would not show the photo.

I got round it by going back to his original post, downloading the photo, then re uploading it, that worked ok.

Thanks for the heads up. It’s probably an issue with imagemagick I’ll have a look for you tomorrow.

J

Driveroneuk:
In the car transporter thread on p3 i quoted bowserman who had a photo in his post. The quote would not show the photo.

I got round it by going back to his original post, downloading the photo, then re uploading it, that worked ok.

I suspect it is because once the file is uploaded the system gives it a different ID to the name used to upload it. I suspect this ID is relative to the image uploaded and the message it is attached to, allowing the original file name to be used in the image tags in that message only, This new ID doesn’t use file extentions , to stop it being hotlinked and shown on other websites (therefore nicking our bandwidth, It could also be a security measure to stop files that could be harmful being uploaded then executed once on our server, ) the img tags in the quote therefore cant find it as it doesn’t have a valid file extention or the correct ID for the image

Almost over my head that Rikki, but I kind of follow you.

However, point is, image quoting worked on the old forum but doesn’t seem to on this (although I thought I saw it had worked for others - in fact I think some one else quoted the same pic? - the blue peak trailer with the unit kinked. It is useful to be able to include photos in quotes, although often people do it unnecessarily. (I just delete the link leaving just the quote).

Images will show in quotes if the original image is hosted on somewhere like Photobucket, but if the image is uploaded to Trucknet-UK and posted as an attachment it will not show when the post is quoted, and never has.

The image you’re referring to in the Transporter thread was posted as an attachment which is why it wouldn’t show in a quote.

Any quotes you see with the image showing is because either the image is hosted off TN or someone has taken the trouble to save the image and upload it again in the quote.

tachograph:
if the image is uploaded to Trucknet-UK and posted as an attachment it will not show when the post is quoted, .

:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

From the phpBB development team

the clever chaps who designed and support this software:
You might be talking about an image being an attachment of a post. In that case just the file name is shown, since that attachment is attached to that one post only and is not attached again to a post that is quoting it.

This is why attachments do not upload when you quote them.

logoRAF.gif

Wheel Nut:
This is why attachments do not upload when you quote them.

Missing your point here wheel nut :question: :question: :question: :question:
the images in your post above are not attachments but are image linked of a 3rd party site, could you give a bit more info on what you are trying to get across,
Not being awkward mate but cant get what your trying to say here…

test
popcorn.jpg

Rob K:
test0

quote test.

more test.

popcorn.jpg

Rob K:
more test.

quote test.

OK no sure what point Malc is trying to make, but the first post from me on this page has the image inserted inline (using the appropriate ‘inline’ button at the bottom of the editor). Pic gets removed when the post is quoted. Next post is just with a standard pic attachment, but that also gets removed when quoted.

I seem to recall that pic attachments used to appear just fine in quoted posts so something appears to be broken?

Any attachments wether “inline” or not will not appear in a quote ( inline wont change the new ID provided by the software) , images hosted on a 3rd party website should (and do) show in quoted posts.
phpBB who designed and built this software have confirmed that attachments are only shown in the original post they are attached to, not any quoted posts, due to the way the software handles and renames the images

Rikki-UK:
Any attachments wether “inline” or not will not appear in a quote ( inline wont change the new ID provided by the software) , images hosted on a 3rd party website should (and do) show in quoted posts.
phpBB who designed and built this software have confirmed that attachments are only shown in the original post they are attached to, not any quoted posts, due to the way the software handles and renames the images

Yes I’m aware of the 3rd party pic links work, I was merely trying to see what set up you had for your own pic hosting. By the way both of the images I posted above are now not displaying, I have text in their place instead. Maybe that’s what Malc is referring to?

I don’t recall instances of this happening on the old server.

Rikki-UK:
Missing your point here wheel nut :question: :question: :question: :question:
the images in your post above are not attachments but are image linked of a 3rd party site, could you give a bit more info on what you are trying to get across,
Not being awkward mate but cant get what your trying to say here…

Exactly that. I had an RAF Logo on my PC and I linked to one on the Googleweb using [img tags. The logo on my PC didn’t show because it was a GIF I think, then I got bored trying. The only other pictures I have on my pc are ■■■■ and I knew you wouldn’t allow those.

Authorised.JPGActually there may be a different fault now.