The"new"hollies j12 m6

Anybody else been in here lately? I’ve been in a few times recently and I must admit grub is spot on, whoever has it is certainly making an effort to tidy it up with refurbished toilets washing facilities etc. Good to see improvement from what was known as greasy Lil’s. Seems like the truckers rest down the road will certainly have to up their game.

yep hollies spot on i will stop there again.the truckers rest as you say will have to change its prices 15quid to park an 2 quid for a shower i dont think so :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bigtruck:
Anybody else been in here lately? I’ve been in a few times recently and I must admit grub is spot on, whoever has it is certainly making an effort to tidy it up with refurbished toilets washing facilities etc. Good to see improvement from what was known as greasy Lil’s. Seems like the truckers rest down the road will certainly have to up their game.

It is certainly time it was done up, the toilets were from a horror film and some of that gravy was made in 1973. I didn’t realise Truckers Rest had gone so far downhill, and I have never needed to park their, just popped in for a breakfast when I could.

Called in Saturday afternoon for the first time in years. Very pleasantly surprised indeed. Good food, served quickly by very pleasant staff. The place was very clean and tidy. Obviously someone has put a few quid into the place and I shall support it whenever I can.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

billybigrig:
Called in Saturday afternoon for the first time in years. Very pleasantly surprised indeed. Good food, served quickly by very pleasant staff. The place was very clean and tidy. Obviously someone has put a few quid into the place and I shall support it whenever I can.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

me too mate great place now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Indeed I never mind supporting someone that’s trying it’s good to be able to get a decent bit of grub as there ain’t to many places left.

the hollies certainly has improved over the past few months i normally drop in there now most nights to get my tea before going into work or on the way out to do a job.
in the past id avoid the place like the plague

food still good at Truckers Rest
the comment was about the price :laughing:

I have eaten in both in years gone by, hollies used to be good a long time ago, but more recently the truckers rest was a lot better, as for the parking charge i’m fairly sure that if you pay to park overnight, then you will get some free fodder or a generous discount on it, although i have never parked for more than 1 hour in either

Is the Hollies before or after The Truckers Rest if coming from the M6.

dowahdiddyman:

Before it on the left hand side.

bigtruck:

dowahdiddyman:

Before it on the left hand side.

cheers for that.