tesco livingston

Hi has anyone worked for tesco in livingston through monarch.if so whats it like ie is it umbrella.whats the assesment like and is there much ot also whats the rates.

Why on earth would you want to work for tesco…■■? Must be pretty desperate or you’ve got a screw loose (no offence):lol:
Are there no other hauliers you could work for?

If its good coin id work for anyone as its all about the bank balance

You said the other day you wouldn’t go past eurocentral lol

At maybe thats why i get offerd gash rates lol

nearly there:
Hi has anyone worked for tesco in livingston through monarch.if so whats it like ie is it umbrella.whats the assesment like and is there much ot also whats the rates.

You wanna have a word with that scanny77 fella on here, he’s in there a lot. Think he’s called Boyle but forget his first name.

Left hand down!:

nearly there:

You wanna have a word with that scanny77 fella on here, he’s in there a lot. Think he’s called Boyle but forget his first name.

SUSAN :grimacing:

hya mate I work there at the mo just part time .I am on the self employed scheme which is a bit better than the full time monarch rates which are crap.day shift pays just under 9 quid an hour .entry exam is highway code based cant remember pass rate but if you swat up you will pass. all in all its a crap place to work doing backhauls and shops the Tesco drivers don’t like mostly all locals .if it is quiet you are guaranteed only 6hrs of a shift .suits me working only mon-wed all in its a waste of time no extra overtime rate either only people making money are Tesco and monarch .that’s about it really

I haven’t been in Tesco for years and i wouldn’t go back. Too many shifts being cancelled and the agencies are so scared of them that they will have Tesco assessed drivers on standby instead of working elsewhere.
i didn’t work for monarch but i heard nothing good about them

i can get you work at £11 per hour if you want to travel 5 minutes further and its mainly trunking. Virtually guaranteed work since the contract i am on is all agency drivers. I got 62.5 hours for last week. That’s paid hours, not including breaks! They are really struggling for drivers so there are double shifts and all sorts going on. I did 13 hours on Sunday, parked up for 12 then another 13 hour shift. Thursday and Saturday i do Warrington trunks every week which is a 10 hour drive plus a 9 hour shift on Friday. You can work out the maths and pm me if you are interested

huggy:
hya mate I work there at the mo just part time .I am on the self employed scheme which is a bit better than the full time monarch rates which are crap.day shift pays just under 9 quid an hour .entry exam is highway code based cant remember pass rate but if you swat up you will pass. all in all its a crap place to work doing backhauls and shops the Tesco drivers don’t like mostly all locals .if it is quiet you are guaranteed only 6hrs of a shift .suits me working only mon-wed all in its a waste of time no extra overtime rate either only people making money are Tesco and monarch .that’s about it really

it used to be 100 questions with 85% pass mark but it covered all sorts including first aid and stuff like livestock transportation. I couldn’t figure out why i was reading a question about separating sheep in a trailer but it became clear with that whole horse burger business a while back :laughing:

Pm sent scanny.cheers

Go on Scanny spread the love :slight_smile:

Hopefully T will be forced to bring back the 8 hour minimum soon.

6 hours is no good to anyone, that’s like £54 for a days work. Wouldn’t be able to afford to shop at Tesco on that would you?!

I saw a subbie pulling a Tesco trailer the other day. Maxi, snobbies and the agencies aren’t enough? How busy can they be just now

scanny77:
I saw a subbie pulling a Tesco trailer the other day. Maxi, snobbies and the agencies aren’t enough? How busy can they be just now

I think Maxi Haulage have got their hands on a load of old Tesco decker trailers. Saw them a few times pulling a big blue trailer with the Tesco slogan scrubbed out (but still visible).

Maxi trunk Tesco deckers to the ferry port. I see them on the A77 every time i go to cairnryan

Thing is, all these firms like DHL & Eddie that have been greedy & beasted all the work they could in the recession are going to be asked & contracted to fulfil the up stroke, will they manage?