Teesside hgv police

chaversdad:
slightly off topic but has anyone seen that dog ugly bird in the clio who goes up and down the A19 diddlin herself? can imagine the look on the coppers face when she pulls up alongside him with her beaver out :laughing:
Don’t know who would be more shocked, the copper probably as she really is nothing to look at and I,ve had the misfortunate of clocking her a couple of times ( I said clocking!)

Haha what stretch of the a19 ? Must be ■■■■■■■■ frustrated if she’s doing it regularly lol

I,ve seen her a couple of times early morning going north near exelby and once or twice parked in pete the pantrys layby about teatime, about 50 ish and always has all the gear on

Tarrman:

ROG:

Tarrman:
I agree with what they are trying to do but I don’t think they should solely victimise truckers.

I think they do target all road users - I cannot see then saying - ooh look a car driver on a mobile phone, lets ignore that !!

I agree but I think they will be more interested in what the truckers will be doing, hence not paying much attention to the other road users. That’s my take on it anyway.

could they see what a car driver is doing from that high up ?

martyh:

Tarrman:

ROG:

Tarrman:
I agree with what they are trying to do but I don’t think they should solely victimise truckers.

I think they do target all road users - I cannot see then saying - ooh look a car driver on a mobile phone, lets ignore that !!

I agree but I think they will be more interested in what the truckers will be doing, hence not paying much attention to the other road users. That’s my take on it anyway.

I could when I was driving LGVs for a living

ROG:

martyh:

Tarrman:

ROG:

Tarrman:

I could when I was driving LGVs for a living

just wondered ,not had that experience yet so wasn’t sure what view of cars at the side you get ,thing is though if the driver of the police unit is spotting car drivers on their mobiles then what is he watching in front of him ?

martyh:

definately, its one of the perks of the job :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

martyh:
thing is though if the driver of the police unit is spotting car drivers on their mobiles then what is he watching in front of him ?

A good driver can notice virtually all that is going on around them and looking for other drivers not concentrating is one of those things to look for

ROG:

martyh:
thing is though if the driver of the police unit is spotting car drivers on their mobiles then what is he watching in front of him ?

A good driver can notice virtually all that is going on around them and looking for other drivers not concentrating is one of those things to look for

and the police tractor unit has two people in it… one concentrating on driving hopefully, and one observing/filming/radio-ing to the others waiting in ambush mode.

I wouldn’t worry about it, I’ve just been reading a story about a motorist who hit & killed a cyclist. He admitted he was eating a sandwich at the time but didn’t think that was anything to do with it. He did cry & say he was sorry though and so the judge thought it wasn’t dangerous driving just careless. He got a 12 month ban & 240 hrs community service. Not bad for murder is it. That’s the trouble with a lot of drivers these days, they think nothing will go wrong whatever they do, until it goes wrong.

mickyblue:
Oh hide the reg plate on a brand new looking DAF unit. Won’t be hard to spot will it

They could always do the opposite. A beaten up left-■■■■■■ FH12 with one headlight, oily rag dangling from the mirror arm, a ladies bra hanging from the sun visors holding half a pound of apples. Rusty “Haulin’ ■■■” badge on the grill, Zapata-moustachioed driver with 4 days stubble and a comb-over wearing an egg-stained wife beater vest bending down adjusting his clogs as he veers down the road. I can just see the young traffic officer turning up for work now, walking in like David Beckham and coming out of the changing room looking like Shadrach Dingle. :slight_smile:

…So does this police unit not have a speed limiter fitted then ■■

ADR 1:
…So does this police unit not have a speed limiter fitted then ■■

No its exempt

TerryDactyl.:
They could always do the opposite. A beaten up left-■■■■■■ FH12 with one headlight, oily rag dangling from the mirror arm, a ladies bra hanging from the sun visors holding half a pound of apples. Rusty “Haulin’ ■■■” badge on the grill, Zapata-moustachioed driver with 4 days stubble and a comb-over wearing an egg-stained wife beater vest bending down adjusting his clogs as he veers down the road. I can just see the young traffic officer turning up for work now, walking in like David Beckham and coming out of the changing room looking like Shadrach Dingle. :slight_smile:

I think you’ve just described a scouse truck driver !! :laughing: