Teesside hgv police

chaversdad:

Boo9729:
So if they flew up next to you & started filming, if you give them the finger & polite ‘f’ off, could they do anything?

Give it a try and let us know how you get on :smiley:

Lol will keep a look out & let you know the outcome :wink:

No doubt they will be patrolling the 66 a19 174 mainly , just keep an eye out for that colour daf :slight_smile:

Its a shared patrol between County Durham and Cleveland police so i imagine the A19 will be there main route
They will probably be sat at the A689 junction watching me leaving Mcdonalds with a double cheeseburger hanging out my gob, suppose i,ll have to put the “go large” coke down to give them the thumbs up :wink:

There is no money in the north east and hasn’t been for many years,so I don’t imagine this decision has being approved lightly,which means in my opinion that there is a great problem with drivers of any type of vehicle breaking the law by using laptops,mobiles and any such gadgets…we have all been teenagers in the past and the longer you think you can get away with something the more complacent you become,so I’m guessing the police feel its time to nip it in the bud…I’m not on any high horse mind,I’ve certainly been guilty in the past of not wearing a seatbelt or checking my mobile phone,sometimes we just need a kick up the arse to remind us of what’s wrong and what’s right,and this is the kick up the arse.

If I get caught breaking the law,I can only blame myself because I know the rules. :wink: :wink:

I know the law is the law, and I’m NOT condoning such actions ( :wink: ), but, looking at the facts, how many people have been killed or injured by people eating at the wheel or even watching a film!

I can’t recall an accident in my county for which it was reported "X has been found guilty of death by dangerous driving, after it was found he was watching a film/swigging from a can of pop etc.

Obviously there have been a few sad cases in the news, but what are the real figures? Locally there is often a news story where someone has ended up in hospital with head injuries etc after getting beaten outside a pub etc, yet most of the time I don’t see many police out and about at all.

Seems the police have the wrong set of priorities.

I’m pretty sure if you went up to Stockton and 'Boro people want the police dealing with the local half wits and petty thieves ruining life for them on the estates, and dealing with ■■■■■■ up louts of a weekend evening, rather than messing about nicking someone biting into a Granny Smith.

Trukkertone:
and meanwhile, all the REAL criminals can carry on with their chosen hobby,
because there will be another 5 or 6 cops in patrol cars hovering about.

( 102 views before me and nobody has anything to say, ■■? )

Tell that to the family of the 2 people killed by the texting truck driver.

Good point on the figures bazza,it does need justifying with figures but on the other hand some would argue that if this system saved one life it would be worth it,I also agree that policing should be better on the streets but there has to be a balance…officers are thinner on the ground and that is down to the government cut backs.

alliance:
There is no money in the north east and hasn’t been for many years,so I don’t imagine this decision has being approved lightly,which means in my opinion that there is a great problem with drivers of any type of vehicle breaking the law by using laptops,mobiles and any such gadgets…we have all been teenagers in the past and the longer you think you can get away with something the more complacent you become,so I’m guessing the police feel its time to nip it in the bud…I’m not on any high horse mind,I’ve certainly been guilty in the past of not wearing a seatbelt or checking my mobile phone,sometimes we just need a kick up the arse to remind us of what’s wrong and what’s right,and this is the kick up the arse.

If I get caught breaking the law,I can only blame myself because I know the rules. :wink: :wink:

err no, plenty of money in the rest of the NE we just forgot to give darlo any :smiley:

rambo19:

Trukkertone:

Who wasn’t actually texting at the time of the accident…but it plays better in the minds of simpletons and the media if they make it sound like he was!

Merseyside police have a brand new Volvo fh12 new shape. It’s even got a private number plate. It’s white but on the back of the cab has a small Merseyside police sticker on it !

martyh:

alliance:

err no, plenty of money in the rest of the NE we just forgot to give darlo any :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: cheers for that marty…

We’re all doomed, doomed I tell you…
Don’t tell them your name Pike.

The police want to get out and about in early morning rush hour in an unmarked car. The amount of folk I see with their heads down obviously busy on their phone is unreal.

I agree with them trying to catch people without a belt on/watching laptops etc (why would you do that anyway?) but I also think they should use the opportunity of a higher view point being in a cab to target other motorists who would be doing the same. It’s much easier for the passenger of the truck to look down into the cars below to see what they’re up to.

Don’t just target truckers.

And why don’t they take a truck and trailer through a busy town centre and nick all the suicide cyclists?? Just a thought.

I agree with what they are trying to do but I don’t think they should solely victimise truckers.

Tarrman:
I agree with what they are trying to do but I don’t think they should solely victimise truckers.

I think they do target all road users - I cannot see then saying - ooh look a car driver on a mobile phone, lets ignore that !!

ROG:

Tarrman:

I think they do target all road users - I cannot see then saying - ooh look a car driver on a mobile phone, lets ignore that !!

I agree but I think they will be more interested in what the truckers will be doing, hence not paying much attention to the other road users. That’s my take on it anyway.

DonutUK:

rambo19:

Trukkertone:

Who wasn’t actually texting at the time of the accident…but it plays better in the minds of simpletons and the media if they make it sound like he was!

That makes it ok then?

Just look out for a Blue XF unit flying up the outside with 2 geezers sat in it - or work nights :sunglasses:

Oh hide the reg plate on a brand new looking DAF unit. Won’t be hard to spot will it

chaversdad:
Its not restricted, I watched it on the local news last night and by the way it was flying up alongside trucks and then after filming them taking off again it didn’t look like it was limited

Besides which, it’s not a very big area, and there’s nothing sets jaws wagging like an unknown, unmarked unit schleping about. I give it a day before everyone knows what it looks like, who’s in it, who’s kids go to school with their kids, and who their cousins are shagging when the missus is working nights in Asda down Teesport. Plus all the other bits people’ll have made up, naturally… :wink:

slightly off topic but has anyone seen that dog ugly bird in the clio who goes up and down the A19 diddlin herself? can imagine the look on the coppers face when she pulls up alongside him with her beaver out :laughing:
Don’t know who would be more shocked, the copper probably as she really is nothing to look at and I,ve had the misfortunate of clocking her a couple of times ( I said clocking!)