Teesside,Allinson Transport

Looking at working for companies on Teesside, any recommendations , also anybody know anything about George Allinson of Darlington?

Cheers

Old fashioned family run firm, crying out for drivers going by a converstion i overheard at the start of December, i wasnt being nosey its just the bloke was really loud teĺling his mate how many had retired and cant get replacements, Stillers are taking on as well i think if Darlo is whers you want to be

Are you sure Allinson are taking on? Reason I ask is that apparently they lost a very big contract recently (Radius at Alfreton IIRC) to Nobbies, so them taking on would surprise me.

If they are though then best of luck to them as it’d be a crying shame to have yet another well established local firm go down to the rate slashers.

I was talking to one of their ex drivers in Dunstable last week. He slagged them off rotten.

I think they are struggling to pay the wages that people are asking for now, saying that my mate usually changes jobs like i change socks and he.s been there 18 months now so it cant be that bad

Maximum hours for crap pay and spoken to like a [zb] according to a mate who lasted a few weeks recently before telling them to shove it, but then there are lads there who love it so each to their own I guess.