Technical help please!

Not much of a computer wizz, just know the basics and most importantly how to get on the internet so could someone please tell me how to quote something from a post on this site? I presumed you just highlighted it all and clicked the quote at the top and it should work but it always just comes up in writing with the quotexfmatt[ for example! HELP!!!

just click the ‘quote’ button and it will automatically open a reply box with the quoted passage already in it

no need for highlighting anything or copy/paste

hope this helps :wink:

Right, I get that but what about of I just want to quote one line from a long post, how would I do that?

Delete everything else between the quote tags apart from the bit you want.

Or reply without using the quote option so you get an empty reply box then scroll down and find the bit you want to quote. Highlight it and hit the quote button above the reply box, that will enter the bit you highlighted between the correct tags.

Coffeeholic:
Delete everything else bewteen the quote tags apart from the bit you want.

Thanks

xfmatt:
Right, I get that but what about of I just want to quote one line from a long post, how would I do that?

Whist on the “POST A REPLY” page, select the part of the post you want to quote and hit the quote button.

tachograph:
Whist on the “POST A REPLY” page, select the part of the post you want to quote and hit the quote button.

I get it now, thanks for your help everyone!