Taylor's of martley

We are just in the middle of packing the house up for moving and came to the draw full of pictures. Amongst them I found a picture of my truck from my time at Taylor’s in the late 90’s. It got me wondering if there are any of my old colleagues on here.

Did they become Tay Group?

I think taygroup was a spin off.

In 1993 I went to Sweden by invitation of our local Volvo dealer for the launch of the then all new FH range, must have cost Volvo a fortune as from the UK there were two weeks following, first clients from the south of the country then next the north. We flew from Birmingham and Mr Taylor senior was there if my memory is right, all together a nice few days entertainment, best bit was having ago at driving the kit on offer, had a go in a six wheeled FH rigid and four axle drag grossing 60 tons on there test route and could not believe how it went.
Very expensive place to be though as any one who has visited will tell you but had a good time definitely a Mary Hopkins moment, cheers Buzzer.
PS. had already ordered four for January 94 delivery before I went.

Donald Taylor? If I recall correctly we had one FH which would have been an early one so maybe that came off the back off that? Back then Taylor’s were predominantly scania as they were a service agent for them. The actros pictured above I was told was the second one ever imported into the UK. P585 VNP. I was told merc wanted to try and get in with Taylor’s so ignored all their loyal buyers who wanted it and sold it to them. All the old hands wouldn’t touch it with the proverbial barge pole so I got it. After a p cabbed 320 3 series I thought I was king of the road in a high roof 400 lol.

This one…

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438463369.280820.jpg