Tachograph Analysis showing insufficient rest, while on rest! (resolved!)

Hi Folks,

So, Tachomaster tachograph analysis software has shown up an infringement for insufficient daily rest that became reduced daily rest, yet the card was in the head unit on rest overnight and that shows up for 13 hours. I analysed the contents of the card myself with Tachogram and once again, it shows up as insufficient rest infringement. Curiously, something similar has happened in the past, with a different vehicle, on a manual entry having been on weekly rest for two days!

Any thoughts or knowledge on the matter please? It’s evident from the contents of the card that I was on rest if I was stopped, it’s annoying more than anything. Thanks!

Just because you’re stopped doesn’t mean the tachograph is set to rest.

I would do a printout and see what’s been recorded.

Hi tacho - I’ve checked them and for all the above recorded infringements I was definitely set to rest or recorded manually as on rest, which makes it even more curious!

I have had something similar when i was on holiday for 7 weeks i came back and marked it all down as rest ended up with 7 infringements saying no weekly rest taken

Answer from external source, turns out I’d not completed a full rest period within 24hrs of the last start time and only a reduced one - I didn’t know that was a thing! Well that answers the question!

^^^ so does that mean that you had exceeded a shift length of 15 hours (or thirteen hours if no “big” days were left)?

^^^^

I’m guessing probably had more than 3 reduced daily rest periods between weekly rest periods.

1 Like