Tacho and Hours Question

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, today I noticed the tacho displaying OVERSPEED 30. What is this and can I get in bother for it?

Also, I have attached a pic of my tacho this morning. Can someone kindly explain what each part means? Any help would be much appreciated.

One final question. DRIVING HOURS - I know you have to take a 45min break every 4.5 hours. What happens if you take your full 45 min break after only 2 hours?

Sorry for all the daft questions :slight_smile:

No such thing as a daft question.
Overspeed is if you’ve been travelling above the speed limiter set speed for a minute or more. When flashing just press OK twice to clear it. There’s differing views as to if this is an offence but you can probably look those threads up for yourself.
The display top left : current driving time - bottom left : fortnightly accumulated driving time - top right : accumulated break (resets after 45 mins) - bottom right : current time taken in mode shown.
If you take a 45 after 2 hours driving your driving time will be reset and you will not need another driving break for 4.5 hours (you may need a WTD break however)

Overspeed is NOT an offence

If it happens a lot and continuously for a very long time then its usually a sign that the limiter has been tampered with or has not been fixed in a timely fashion - those are offences

Some company policies give the driver a disciplinary for going over but that will be under your employment contract conditions

is top left current driving time for the day or does is go to zero once you take 45 mins?

james38:
is top left current driving time for the day or does is go to zero once you take 45 mins?

The driving time on the top left is reset when you have a 45 minute break.

It’s actually the total driving time since the last break or rest period.

It’ll also zero with POA mind

Hi chaps!
Due to no place to park and slow moving traffic while drove thru the town run over my driving time for 7 mins (4:37).
Done a printouts (two, one for me and other one for boss).
The question is what should I write on back of them?
Cheers in advance!

Zanfta:
Hi chaps!
Due to no place to park and slow moving traffic while drove thru the town run over my driving time for 7 mins (4:37).
Done a printouts (two, one for me and other one for boss).
The question is what should I write on back of them?
Cheers in advance!

That

Cheers ROG!