switzerland

i may be taking a 3.5t down to llusanne in switzerland,it will be my first time in swiss can anyone tell me do i clear cmr in dover (if i do where) or on the border and is there anything else i need to know ie vignette,tolls and the like many thanks in advance :confused:

do i clear cmr in Dover

Yes, at the Customs place on the right going into Dover

tolls

You have to buy a Swiss toll, memory is vague on exact details. Get it at the border. I think its a years worth.

Separately they don’t like photocopies of the reg doc.

cheers for that ive got all original docs cos its my motor where do i go to at swiss border for paperwork and ive heard its a bit of a wait to get through :open_mouth: many thanks dafmad

Have at look at the two following sites
HERE
ALSO this ONE

maverick72:
cheers for that ive got all original docs cos its my motor where do i go to at swiss border for paperwork and ive heard its a bit of a wait to get through :open_mouth: many thanks dafmad

I am rusty on the procedure. But what I do remember is the vans don’t wait as long as the trucks do, usually. They often push through get done and gone. Try to tag onto one or more and watch how they do it.

many thanks britpete and dafmad cheers been all over but theres always somewhere that you still aint been :laughing:

If you are going into Basel, given the choice I would avoid the Weil am Rhein Border, the queues onto the border are always horrendous, the St Louis Border is far better

yes Jimiti, is right the daliy queue is normaly 5km,s plus long
to get into swiss ,the local radios station SWR3 gives areport on the border crossing every 30mins ,on the hour and at half- past, the hour.

Road Tax for a van last year was €30.00 for the year. You normally get stopped while the woman sells it to you so don’t worry about not having it.