Surrendered my tacho, how do I get a new one?

After my failed stint at DHL, I returned to my former job at Stagecoach. The kicker is they insisted I surrender my tacho to the dvla :frowning:
I’ve checked the online license checker thingy on the dvla website and it shows my tacho status as “surrendered”. Now how do I go about getting a new one? I assume it wont be a first time application, so what do I need to do?

I’ve no idea to be honest, I suggest you phone the DVLA driver card department on 0300 790 6109 or DVLA customer service on 0300 790 6801

You can phone between 08:00 to 19:00 Monday to Friday or 08:00 to 14:00 Saturdays.

Thank you

Fill in this form and send them £32

Fill in section G = Surrendered or Suspended

Wildarmtins:
After my failed stint at DHL, I returned to my former job at Stagecoach. The kicker is they insisted I surrender my tacho to the dvla :frowning:
I’ve checked the online license checker thingy on the dvla website and it shows my tacho status as “surrendered”. Now how do I go about getting a new one? I assume it wont be a first time application, so what do I need to do?

I have probably misunderstood this, but as I read it stagecoach have basically ordered you to surrender your tacho card . wtf has it got to do with stagecoach wether or not you posses a tacho card ■■

Either you have asked this question a lot or there is a lot of it about. :confused:

syramax:
I have probably misunderstood this, but as I read it stagecoach have basically ordered you to surrender your tacho card . wtf has it got to do with stagecoach wether or not you posses a tacho card ■■

I wonder if there would be a requirement for them to download his card and manage the data?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
Fill in this form and send them £32

Fill in section G = Surrendered or Suspended

Thanks

Syramax - Yea, I know. But my depot has no way of downloading my data, and Stagecoach are a bit ■■■■ about drivers hours after the fatality in Cov back in 2017.

I have noticed similar questions dotted about, but nothing matching my circumstances, soooo… :stuck_out_tongue:

Wildarmtins would you mind pm’ing me with your experiences at dhl as the are one of the companys im thinking of approaching all though im in the southeast so I realise it wont be the same base.

many thanks
coop

I just didn’t tell them i had one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
I just didn’t tell them i had one

That’s what I’m planning on doing when I get it back :stuck_out_tongue:
Coop - more than happy to, it will have to wait a few hours though as I’m driving at the moment.

Edit - not physically driving, I’m currently at a stop, just to clarify

Wildarmtins,
I’d be interested to know what happened with DHL too.
I’ve just got a start with them…
PM me if you’d prefer

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Wildarmtins:

Under no circumstances are Stagecoach entitled to surrender your tacho card - it is private property. I had this when I started their PSV scheme but gave it up. They did say that if I failed training or resigned they would pay for anew card about £35. BUT you will have to wake about 3-4 weeks to get another… I gave up the thought of bus driving and went back to Class 2 - no wages until I had got another card. With a weak bladder I knew I would not be able to last the 5.5 hour shifts.

Their argument is that as they work domestic hours they do not want to mix the two and do downloading data when not used. I wish I had said I wanted to hang onto it until I passed training and then surrender it. Stagecoach are out-of-order but like any large concern they can do as they please. No reason why they cannot leave it until one has got PSV… what would happen if you had a slipped disc (or something similar) and were then off work for 2-3 months. well no data would be recorded and that’s all.

jessejazza:

Wildarmtins:

Under no circumstances are Stagecoach entitled to surrender your tacho card - it is private property. I had this when I started their PSV scheme but gave it up. They did say that if I failed training or resigned they would pay for anew card about £35. BUT you will have to wake about 3-4 weeks to get another… I gave up the thought of bus driving and went back to Class 2 - no wages until I had got another card. With a weak bladder I knew I would not be able to last the 5.5 hour shifts.

Their argument is that as they work domestic hours they do not want to mix the two and do downloading data when not used. I wish I had said I wanted to hang onto it until I passed training and then surrender it. Stagecoach are out-of-order but like any large concern they can do as they please. No reason why they cannot leave it until one has got PSV… what would happen if you had a slipped disc (or something similar) and were then off work for 2-3 months. well no data would be recorded and that’s all.

its just their company policy to cover themselves. If you were to get pulled over and asked why your card is never downloaded it will be a fine. When i worked there i had to travel to a depot with a machine to download my card. Ask yourself why even the office bods do have to download their cards.

WheelsofCardiff:
If you were to get pulled over and asked why your card is never downloaded it will be a fine.

How would “they” (i.e. DVSA) know whether or not your card had been downloaded (by your employer) if they stopped you at a roadside check?

WheelsofCardiff:
its just their company policy to cover themselves. If you were to get pulled over and asked why your card is never downloaded it will be a fine.

Why ■■ All driver responsibility ends with making card available

Not their fault company don’t have facility to download it

No way I’d surrender one, its mine not theirs.

This is another example of bend over and take it!

they prob dont want you to be cowboying,pirating,or just driving agency ect on your days off and dont need the responsibility of having to check your card.
personally though i wouldnt be a bus driver,but i wouldnt surrender my card to be one other than binning £35 quid and immediately replying for a replacemant one anyway.

dieseldog999:
they prob dont want you to be cowboying,pirating,or just driving agency ect on your days off and dont need the responsibility of having to check your card.
personally though i wouldnt be a bus driver,but i wouldnt surrender my card to be one other than binning £35 quid and immediately replying for a replacemant one anyway.

^^^^ Ditto