Stoneridge tacho

Having changed trucks at the weekend, I am not familiar with the initial setup when you put your card in.

I’m used to a Siemens.
Country uk
Manual entries no

This is asking about rest until now and confirm entries

What should I be doing

Cheers

Just do as it says press yes and you’ll be fine :wink:Once your up and running use the button numbered 1 to change your modes :sunglasses:

When it asks rest till now!
The boss wants me to say no?? Why

Tartan11:
When it asks rest till now!
The boss wants me to say no?? Why

Because he wants you to record the time between starting work and putting your card in? Obviously it depends on the nature of your job - for some, the card goes in at the moment they start work while for many (myself included) there can be quite a delay between starting work and actually getting in the cab.

When the card goes in, is when I start, it’s on logs! No to rest until now and no to manual entries is what the text says?

On the new stoneridge units, they are extremely easy. To be honest it walks you through compared to most other units and it even offers you a print to make sure it’s right.

If a driver can’t do an entry on these units, they deserve the ZB they get off vosa.

Search SE5000 and you will find the site with a simulator.

I knew the DCPC was brought out for some reason :smiley:

Its designed to make you do maual entry’s rather than just saying no to everything just watch out cause if you don’t do it right you’ll end up in the ■■■■

If it is the newer Stoneridge tacho (the fourth button across says ‘OK’ on it rather than a return symbol) then one demonstration from another driver will be enough to get you sorted. Just ask. As the poster above says, its pretty easy, you just have to know what your looking at.

In a nutshell though…

Rest until now? No
Add entries? Yes
Use up and down buttons to change symbol to ‘Other Work’, press OK.
Check the date is right (should be same as when card was last pulled), press OK
Change time to when you clocked off, press OK
End of shift? OK
End country? UK (or whatever)
Use arrows to select either ‘Break’ or ‘?’ symbol, OK
(^ what you did between shifts, not all models ask this)
Change date to todays date. OK
Set time to when you clocked on. OK
Use arrows to select other work. OK
Change time to current time (as far as it will go). OK.
Begin country? UK (or whatever)
Entries printout? Yes/No (chance to check)
Confirm entries? Yes

Done. Do it once and you’ll be away, you just make a visual timeline. So many drivers (understandably) daunted by manual entries.

and if you get lost you just pess no and go back to the start