Stobarts new leeds yard

my mate works at sherburn in the warehouse and was telling me that stobbies have got macfarlanes yard in leeds but cant open it for 6 months so some reason or other :question: :question: :question: but there is managers there getting it ready for operations.

does anybody know anything else :question:

cos so far its a my mate told me = mmtm.

i did here other rumours but they are staying with me at the moment.

i heard a while ago that Stobarts were going to buy out Mcfarlanes when they went belly up for the second time, but when they looked at the books, they decided not to due to the fact that they had no assets as such.

i did hear that they were going to buy the yard, but that was a long time ago

shuttlespanker:
i heard a while ago that Stobarts were going to buy out Mcfarlanes when they went belly up for the second time, but when they looked at the books, they decided not to due to the fact that they had no assets as such.

yeah the rumours were going round that stobbies thought about mac’s but the yard is a good one in prime location.

is it on that estate where EMR scrap yard is? accross the road from that place with the tank, the Harrier Jump Jet and the field gun?

MMTM - My manager told me this morning that 200 lorries are being parked up because of the slow down. Maybe they just haven’t got the work to justify opening a new yard yet.

shuttlespanker:
is it on that estate where EMR scrap yard is? accross the road from that place with the tank, the Harrier Jump Jet and the field gun?

you mean hesco bastian shuttle, its a bit further down the road but its on the same estate,
i heard stobbys was going to buy mac"s but they lost the main contract and didnt say anything stobbys found out on the eleventh hour and pulled out??,
irlams etc are all going to mac"s yard aswell, but dont know “” JD"" what thay are going to do with sanmars yard either keep it or sell it? i just dunna no

In the News and Star (local Carlisle newspaper) tonight some Stobart drivers are being put on a four day week although there will be no redundancies.

jessicas dad:

shuttlespanker:

yeah the rumours were going round that stobbies thought about mac’s but the yard is a good one in prime location.

And it will get even better when they finally open the bloody junction onto the M1.

Isn’t Mac’s old yard the big warehouse place on Cross Green Estate? Opposite Premier Motor Auctions (Now Scottish Motor Auctions :wink: )

Shrek:
Isn’t Mac’s old yard the big warehouse place on Cross Green Estate? Opposite Premier Motor Auctions (Now Scottish Motor Auctions :wink: )

YES old pal it is

I passed it the other day. It’s opposite the new sainsbury’s d/c it;s a sight to behold seeing all those unit’s parked,a sea of green…maybe a 100 or more.

yes thats the old Leeds Fruit & Veg Market site.

Daz 585:

shuttlespanker:

you mean hesco bastian shuttle, its a bit further down the road but its on the same estate,
i heard stobbys was going to buy mac"s but they lost the main contract and didnt say anything stobbys found out on the eleventh hour and pulled out??,
irlams etc are all going to mac"s yard aswell, but dont know “” JD"" what thay are going to do with sanmars yard either keep it or sell it? i just dunna no

yeah, that the company, i couldn’t remember the name if it, even though i have actually delivered there and also collect from EMR across the road :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

red eye:
I passed it the other day. It’s opposite the new sainsbury’s d/c it;s a sight to behold seeing all those unit’s parked,a sea of green…maybe a 100 or more.

Maybe to replace all the eye-xors at Middlewich, as they are all being parked up today :bulb:

shuttlespanker:

Daz 585:

shuttlespanker:

yeah, that the company, i couldn’t remember the name if it, even though i have actually delivered there and also collect from EMR across the road :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

thats because your a daft driver :wink: :wink: ooooh i mean daf driver, :sunglasses:

Daz 585:

shuttlespanker:

Daz 585:

shuttlespanker:

thats because your a daft driver :wink: :wink: ooooh i mean daf driver, :sunglasses:

correct :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’d rather push a DAF than drive a Scania :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Airfreight:
In the News and Star (local Carlisle newspaper) tonight some Stobart drivers are being put on a four day week although there will be no redundancies.

well that was my other rumour that there are trying to put trampers at sherburn on shifts so many and so many off.

I was speaking to one of their drivers last week in Bellshill and he told me that they were going on a 4 day week,with a guaranteed 50hrs.He said trampers wouldn’t be affected.

It`ll all go 4no 4off :cry:

at crick we was asked 4 on 4 off then it changed to 4 on 3 off now that been hit on head now , we are staying as we are