Stobart Training Centre

Try langdons there doing an apprentice training coarse . Think in Preston area . It’s just been put up on indeed jobs

Phil1979:

Truckulent:

iankav:

Truckulent:

1921mark0:

iankav:
Ignore what you read on here lad.Good company,good gear,half decent pay,regular work.
If it suits you,go for it.

cheers I will

If you fancy it - go for it by all means.

But it’s only fair to point out that out of the statements iankav made, two are definitely incorrect and one is debatable…

Have you worked for them?

No. I like to be paid a decent rate for the work I do, and I’m not even slightly interested in a new Scania with lairy graphics in lieu of decent payment.

I’d work there on my rates/terms as a S/E driver. But theirs are a complete joke.

So nothing there for me.

Phil - you’re right, everyone’s different. But Stobarts like new bods for one reason, They’re cheap. Lots of companies will take new drivers if you pass an assessment. Some will if you don’t. And when it’s really busy, and trucks aren’t earning when they should be, the ones who insist on 2 years normally will take anyone with a licence. It’s just right place, right time.

I agree. There are a number of pro’s of working for Stobarts. And there would be a number of Pro’s working for someone else. Depends on time, circumstance, and place. But I don’t think they are a bad place to start. And if they work for someone nothing says they should leave. Plus the training in a Scania for £2400 isn’t a bad price. Especially if you were to hop in to the same wagon and gearbox after you passed. Would make that first day a little easier.

dont see what problem with stobarts is myself. I “was” a stobart hater myself going on what “real drivers” said about them and dodged stobarts like the plague for many years. Even been between jobs i turned down the hmiliation of working for stobarts via the agency until work was dry and the bank was empty. Worked outta Goole for a while on Agency then full time at goole and never looked back, As for pay been “crap” i was taking home more on day work and going home clean and unstressed than i was chasing my arse round like a complete ****head and been upto my waist in mud,grime and slime on tippers i did for 5 years previously… One mans wage is another mans fortune as they say. So long as my wife and kids have a roof over their head and food in their belly i dont give a flying bleep. There are DEFINATELY better companies to work for but there are many many much much much worse places.

Most of the kit is decent, the tesco trucks get used and abused 24/7. Trampers gear is good tho (if its looked after like any truck) i drive a 12 plate Actros Megaspace which works for me tramping.

my take home pay is acceptable and greater than 1500 for 2 weeks tramping.

Sometimes i honestly do feel the “haters” are the guys who failed their assemement and can`t get a job there :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

1921mark0:
I am in the process of sorting out my training etc. It is becoming a minefield, different info of different people etc.!

I am seriously considering applying for the Stobart Training Center In Widnes. Has anyone done this, or works for stobart and willing to share their views?

Any Advice or info please

Cheers

What the nightmare :question:

Have a look in here might be some useful info

viewforum.php?f=5

As long as you stay away from the brokers then ask away

Hi guys sorry to post on an old thread.

Just a quick question for stupidn00b.
Do goole offer nights out/tramping?
I’ve got an assessment and interview there next week for a casual position but would like nights out ideally.

Thanks mate

I wudnt bother he says hes takin home 750 a week dont make me laugh. the moneys not as ■■■■ as everybody says but it aint that good!