Stobart speed limiters

globby 480:

strongbowpeter:
who sets there limiters?2 of there scanias came past me yesterday and my satnav was showing i was doing 55mph if i see one coming up behind me again ime moving into the middle lane,there not allowed in the outside lane yet are they?dont supose it will be long,and when it gets dark either theres get quicker or mine slows down!!! sour grapes you bet your biffin it is haha

I hope you dont try that trick with me as you would be in for a big suprise when the bat comes out of the window and belts your n/side mirrors as i too went on the inside of you we would see who thinks its funny then!!

you don’t need a bat globby,just look at the mirror,LOL.

just a thought … if oor eddie was puttin in an order for 3 zillion scanias i think he might have a bit of clout on saying ‘’ set those limiters to 95 kmp please ‘’ … lol… :smiley: :smiley: :astonished:

scottish_flag.jpg

Is there really any need for more distractions in the cab? how long before sat-navs are banned? regularly see matrix signs on the motorways saying ‘do not adjust sat navs whilst driving’…
I had my first long distance run on saturday the truck i was driving had built in sat nav but did’nt touch it, instead used my big collins road atlas and got me where i wanted no probs…i went from Dumfries down to m&s Thornbury then over to the new tesco at Avonmouth then headed over to Portsmouth for a load back home, all went smoothly considering it was 14 year since i done an overnighter…Is map reading goin the same way as roping and sheeting?

jimmi:

jimti:

Grayham:
Even with the Stobart livery and name on the wagon?

Yup, there are 100’s of them out there

A way to tell if its a genuine stobart motor its reg plate will start with a p eg px59 ■■■ etc if its not like that it will more than likely be a subbie.

Stobart subbies have 3 digits in their fleet number and own fleet have 4.

jimmi:
A way to tell if its a genuine stobart motor its reg plate will start with a p eg px59 ■■■ etc if its not like that it will more than likely be a subbie.

Not including the hundreds of new 10 Reg’s that don’t start with PX mind you… :wink:

As for speeding, I use my 55MPH Limiter on motorways, 50 on Duals (every ■■■■ passes me!) and 40 on A-Roads.

I’m paid by the hour, why speed?

most are going slower,due to fuel bonuses,hourly pay,as we were told a while ago,as long as your saving fuel not bothered what speed you drive at

Buycrider:

Grayham:
Even with the Stobart livery and name on the wagon?

At Carlisle depot, there are at least 3 subbies who have been with the company since at least the early 1980,s. Their initials are DGM—EB—and WS. (There are others.) They have, between them about 15 motors. They choose the make of motor. and the names on them. They put on whatever they care to pay for, in the way of extra fittings. The paint job --(now the wrap)-- are the same as the rest of the fleet. The trailers that they pull are from the Stobart pool.

Wondered when someone would mention the subbies and o/d s running in fleet colours ,anyone remember on the southbound side m6 at penrith all the trucks in stobarts colours mmm.i spent many a day in the grey CMB cargos…(stobart fleet).
bye the way is WS … wullie stobbart ,notice spelling? he ran Mans out of carlisle depot… .
lost contact when i left uk.
jimmy.

Willy stobart is still subbing yes jimmy. He was on euro work but is now on the uk (although i have heard a rumour that he got fed up with it and has gone :open_mouth: )
A cracking bloke and a proper worker

Someone faster than you are and you get upset teensy weensy bit o’ jealousy there me thinks.

JB:
Willy stobart is still subbing yes jimmy. He was on euro work but is now on the uk (although i have heard a rumour that he got fed up with it and has gone :open_mouth: )
A cracking bloke and a proper worker

thats a shame if its true!,willy worked like a dog for yrs to get his own truck .back in the irish days we ran together for a right cowboy lol…v long days we learned to work hard and party hard…one of lifes gentlemen.imo.

jimmy. :frowning: :frowning:

scania164480:
You pull out in front of me in the middle lane, i’ll be back in the slow lane, get along side you and i’ll just push you into the fast lane and you will be kept there until i see fit that you deserve to pull back in, call yoursef a professional driver■■?

I tell you what there are very few real proffesional drivers out there scania164480 most of them are just “idiots with truck licences” and will drive like maniacs just to please the boss. :exclamation:

i’ve had this sort of thing happen quite a few times. some ■■■ thinks he’s the truck police, he pulls out to slow you down. and all that he gets out of it is broken mirrors. :unamused:

scania164480:
You pull out in front of me in the middle lane, i’ll be back in the slow lane, get along side you and i’ll just push you into the fast lane and you will be kept there until i see fit that you deserve to pull back in, call yoursef a professional driver■■?

Just how do you expect to do that then without causing a collision…
Not that I,m sticking up for the guy but why combat stupid with stupid…
:unamused:

The Original Poster :open_mouth:

Got to be a wind-up, don’t feed the troll people!

There was a subbie who ran a smart looking daf 3600 space cab for many years. Wonder what rates are like. I’d imagine they would have enough work to keep you going